Urologist for Birch Run, MI (Perm)
Birch Run, MI 48415 US
Covenant Medical Group is seeking a Perm Urologist starting ASAP!
• The facility would prefer a General Urologist, as 2 of their 3 providers are already robotically trained and do uro-oncology.
• Call will be 1:4.
• In addition to the hospital OR, there is a beautiful outpatient surgery center available to the urologists. Both have daVincis. The clinic is in a beautiful building with primary care and pediatrics.
• The position is employed through Covenant Medical Group, part of Covenant HealthCare.
• As part of Covenant, the physicians will use Epic as their EHR. Covenant was an early adopter of Epic and has been using it for around 15 years.
• Benefits include medical, dental and vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid CME - the practice assumes some of the physicians expenses such as membership in one organization, renewal of licenses, etc. It also include paid time off for CME, holidays, sick, vacation, etc.
The Great Lakes Bay Region of Saginaw has great options for housing, dining, family experiences and outdoor activities, including access to rivers, lakes and the Great Lakes. Located along I-75, access to the metro-Detroit area is less than two hours and to the Northern resort areas, it is just over two hours. We have an international airport in the community, with daily flights to Chicago and Detroit. Our communities (Bay, Midland and Saginaw) have strong school systems and many cultural, leisure and educational opportunities.
The initial contract is two years (with a 30-day out clause for the physician). After that, the contract is annual with a wRVU productivity model. For primary care, there could be loan repayment, a training stipend, etc. We can consider H-1B candidates, but none qualify for J-1 waivers. CMG also provides all clinic personnel and there is a practice coordinator on site. The CEO is a physician, IM trained and a former medical director of the hospital medicine team (also employed by CMG). There is opportunity to have medical students and residents from Central Michigan University round with the physician. We have the greatest breadth of specialists in the region with most IM subspecialties represented, in addition to a tremendous number of surgical subspecialties. Our Emergency Care Center has been ranked among the best in the country.
We are a Level 2 trauma center and also certified for pediatrics and geriatrics. Our geriatrics area in the ECC is amazing! It includes immediate access to therapist and social workers, disposable hearing and visual aids, more comfortable bedding, etc.
• Board Certified
State License Requirements
About the Facility
From moms-to-be to babies to great-grandfathers, Covenant HealthCare is the one health system in the Great Lakes Bay Region that delivers extraordinary care across generations and across specialties. As the largest, most comprehensive health care provider in the region, you can trust Covenant HealthCare with the health needs of your entire family. We offer a broad spectrum of programs and services ranging from high-risk obstetrics, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, to acute care including a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics, robotic surgery and many other services.
But as a non-profit, our extraordinary care goes beyond our outstanding medical services. Its our compassionate and caring team that makes the difference; their support means you always have someone by your side from diagnosis to recovery. We go above and beyond for our patients every day, and in every way. And that extraordinary commitment extends to the communities we serve. Because by working together for a healthier community, we can build a better tomorrow for generations to come.
Here is why more families across the region prefer Covenant HealthCare:
• We serve 20 counties across northeast and central Michigan
• We have more than 560 physicians
• We have more than 20 inpatient and outpatient facilities
• We have 643 acute care licensed beds
• We have over 90,000 visits a year in our trauma/emergency care center
• We serve seven critical access and community hospitals across Michigan's thumb region and in central Michigan
• We are the largest health care employer in the Great Lakes Bay Region
• We have more than 4,400 employees and 380 volunteers
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.