TBI/General Medicine Physician for NC (Locum)
North Carolina, NC 27006 US
Looking for providers within the following cities:
• Fayetteville, NC - VES office OR own office - Must be within 50 miles.
• Asheville, NC - VES office OR own office - Must be within 50 miles.
- $725 half day (1-4 hours)
- $1,450 full day (4-8 hours)
• Willing to accept these specialties: Neurology, Neurosurgery, PM&R
• Exams are primarily interview-based with some physical assessment: range of motion testing, muscle strength testing, evaluating traumatic brain injury. Exams will be a mix of General Medicine and Traumatic Brain Injury.
• No prescribing, no treatment
• DMA certification available (can get CME credits) - will need to obtain once privileged if not already certified
• Use of Goniometer required
• Familiar with Musculoskeletal, Diabetes, and Cardio required
• Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions.
• Own personal laptop (NO MACs)
• Training shall be provided for all Reporting/Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs)
• Reporting/DBQs must be submitted within 48 hours upon exam completion - no narrative report. End product is completion of standardized form(s).
• Evaluations to be completed in VES's provider portal and records are reviewed
• Process once credentialing is kicked off:
After credentialing is confirmed as complete, the provider will need to complete their DMA training. This will be assigned to them once credentialing is complete. After DMA's are confirmed as complete, the provider is marked as "active" in the VES system. At this point, they are able to provide their availability for scheduling. Before working their first shift, they will need to complete a 2-hour PEP session/training. Availability for this will need to be provided along with shift avaialbility.
The Pep Session is one-on-one, via Zoom or Microsoft Teams, and done with a Report Analyst that will pair up with you as a New Provider Liaison. They will help you learn how to navigate the online secure web portal, give advice and tips on completing DBQs and reviewing medical records, and they will prepare you directly for your first Veteran cases. The Pep Session lasts about 2-3 hours and is scheduled a few days before your first Veteran cases. This New Provider Liaison will be someone that helps you get to a point where your scheduling restriction of 5-10 Veterans every two weeks can be lifted. This takes most providers between 1-3 months and sometimes up to 6 months.
• Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions - Required
• Must be willing to perform Gen Med & TBI - note at time of name clear that you have verified this with your candidate
• Own a laptop (no Mac/Apple products) - Required
• Must follow rate structure and meet rate requirements - Required
• Must be willing to wear a mask during all visits - Required
• Previous compensation and pension evaluation experience - Highly Preferred
• Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible within 0-3 years of residency - Required
• Active and unrestricted full license - Required, provide license # at time of name clear
• Note if provider is DMA Certified on submissions, and if yes, when did they get certified
• Note where providers are traveling from - CV needs current home address listed
• Note which location provider is interested in
• Will need a copy of ECFMG certificate if they attended school in a different country
• Board Certified
Meet Your Recruiter
Erin Eccles joined Wapiti Medical Staffing in October 2021. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurial Studies and a Marketing minor from South Dakota State University.
Erin and her husband, Justin, have three children. She enjoys spending her time cooking & baking, working on home renovations, being outside with her family, and watching the Minnesota Vikings.