Rheumatologist - Mason City, IA (Perm)
Mason City, IA 50401 US
- Will accept Perm and Locum to Perm candidates.
- Monday-Friday 8a-5p, very minimal call
- Outpatient; average 16-20 patients per day
- Level 3 trauma
- Annual ER volume: 30K
- EMR: Cerner hybrid with paper chart; EPIC in 2024
- 1 ARNP and 1 physician in practice
- 1:1 clinical support
- Patient Age Demographic: 18+
- Credentialing timeframe: 60-90 days
- MercyOne North Iowa promotes excellent work life balance supporting quality family time with 5-6 call days per month, one holiday per year, at home call available, and post call day off.
- Physician support before, during, and after each procedure
- All surgical procedures available, except transplants; limited pediatrics; support OB, Cath Lab, and ED.
- Opportunity to teach CRNA students
- Will not sponsor J1 candidates
- Please see attached practice description for additional details!
Highly Competitive Compensation/Benefits:
- Total package: $360,000; base salary: $280,000; commencement bonus: $50,000; loan repayment: $30,000/year.
- 34 days of time off, annually
- Annual CME allowance of $3,000
- Employer sponsored professional liability insurance & tail insurance coverage
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- 403(b) retirement program with employer contribution and employer matching; Optional 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Cost of Living for area is 24% lower than national average
Perfect Place to Raise a Family in a Beautiful Landscape:
- Centrally located in the middle of everywhere; within two hours of Minneapolis-St. Paul and Des Moines; Local airport with daily direct flights to Chicago.
- Top 10 Best States to Practice Medicine in, Forbes’ Best States for Business, and Money Rates; Best U.S. state for young adults.
- Cost of living 24% lower than the U.S. average.
- Tired of wasting hours each day behind the windshield? Enjoy a minimal commute-under a 10-minute drive to the hospital from anywhere in Mason City.
- Board Certified or Eligible in Rheumatology - REQUIRED
- Completed fellowship - REQUIRED
- IA license PREFERRED, willing to accept licensing candidates
- All procedures listed in #26 and #27 of the attached practice description are REQUIRED
- State if interested in perm OR locums to perm - REQUIRED (note at time of name clear)
- For Locum to Perm - REQUIRED to be local (only mileage will be reimbursed)
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
ABOUT THE FACILITY
- At MercyOne, helping you live your best life is our one purpose. We provide comprehensive services dedicated to caring for you through all of life's stages. At MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, you'll find providers, nurses and staff skilled in almost every medical specialty imaginable, providing nothing less than the most sophisticated level of care when you need it.
- MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center is a faith-based, full-service community health system serving residents in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota. We offer ambulatory care through our MercyOne Family Medicine Clinics (a primary care and specialty physician network), home health agency, hospice, regional referral laboratory, regional rehabilitation and diagnostic technology services, pharmacies, an emergency services network and a variety of other health care services.
- We are proud to offer the latest in health and medical services with a caring, compassionate and personal touch with numerous specialty services including cancer center, heart center, vascular and wound center, neurosurgery, behavioral health and more.
- MercyOne North Iowa is the largest provider of health care services in our region, and we are proudly the largest employer in Cerro Gordo County. Our hospital is a private, not-for-profit health care center, licensed for 346 beds, which serves more than 400,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. In addition, MercyOne North Iowa is a teaching institution. We conduct a Family Medicine Residency, Internal Medicine Residency, Cardiology Fellowship, Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency and a School of Radiologic Technology. MercyOne North Iowa is a clinical training site for approximately 500 students from 127 different colleges enrolled in programs for medical laboratory, nursing, paramedic, rehabilitation, medical assistants, pastoral services, physicians and many other medical fields.
- MercyOne North Iowa holds management agreements with seven rural primary care hospitals, making us the premier rural health care delivery network in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.