Radiologist in Maywood, IL (Perm)
Maywood, IL 60153 US
Loyola University Chicago
Stritch School of Medicine is seeking a Board Certified Cardiothoracic
Radiologist, who is also comfortable with Body Imaging, to join the Department
of Radiology as head of a new Cardiothoracic Imaging service, with primary
location at Loyola University Medical Center located in Maywood, Illinois, 20
minutes west of downtown Chicago.
• The candidate will join a growing
Radiology Department of over 50 subspecialized radiologists (14 Body imagers,
including one with Cardiothoracic fellowship training) supporting clinical
services at Loyola University Medical Center, Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, MacNeal
Hospital and associated ambulatory care centers.
• Number of Radiologists in Practice: 10 FTEs in the Body Imaging Section
• The Department has a fully accredited residency program with 28 residents with one body fellow and 4 total fellows in the department.
• Average Number of Cases Per Day: Variable on rotation. CT 25, 4-5 cardiac CTs, 2-3 cardiac MRs, Body MRI: 15-18 MRs, or 50-60 ultrasound.
• Trauma Level/Designation: Trauma 1, also reading for community hospitals (Trauma 2) and outpatient sites
• Patient Age Demographic: all ages, peds are not required
• The candidate will assume responsibility for Cardiothoracic Imaging services, and be responsible for workflow, protocols, multidisciplinary conferences, and education.
• Some coverage in abdominal imaging will be part of the current position.
• Teleradiology is not used
• As additional cardiothoracic faculty are recruited, the candidate will assume directorship of a new section of cardiothoracic imaging. This is a unique opportunity to help structure, develop a new section, and continue a rapidly growing service in Cardiac and Thoracic imaging including an active lung cancer-screening program, CTA and cardiac imaging as well as an active program in interstitial lung disease.
• While primarily an on onsite position, home workstations are available for call and flexibility in rotation coverage.
• There are substantial opportunities for clinical and translational research.
• Documentation Systems/EMR: Epic, Powerscribe 360, Interad PACs, Softek Illuminate
• Estimated Credentialing Timeframe: 2-3 months
• Recent fellows welcome to apply
• Board Certified
State License Requirements
About the Facility
About Loyola Medicine:
Loyola Medicine is a quaternary
care system based in the western suburbs of Chicago that includes Loyola
University Medical Center (LUMC) in Maywood, Gottlieb Memorial Hospital (GMH)
in Melrose Park, MacNeal Hospital in Berwyn and convenient locations offering
primary and specialty care services from 1,772 physicians throughout Cook, Will
and DuPage counties.
LUMC is a 547-licensed-bed hospital
that includes the William G. and Mary A. Ryan Center for Heart & Vascular
Medicine, the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, a Level 1 trauma center,
Illinois's largest burn center, a certified comprehensive stroke center and a
childrens hospital. The medical center campus is also home to Loyola
University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago
Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing and the Loyola Center for Fitness. Loyola
Medicine is a member of Trinity Health, one of the nations largest health
systems with 94 hospitals in 22 states.
About the Community:
Just 11 miles west of downtown Chicago, Maywood, Illinois, stretches along the west bank of the Des Plaines River, from Roosevelt Road on the south to just beyond Augusta Street on the north. Its located immediately east of River Forest, south of Melrose Park, west of Bellwood and north of the I-290 Interstate and Broadview. Maywood is an easy commute to Chicago on either the Metra West line or Interstate 290.
Maywood enjoys a wide diversity of architecture among communities within the Chicago metropolitan region. The eclecticism in Maywood is a testament to the skill of many accomplished architects.
Unique outdoor adventures begin here. Maywood is the starting point for the Illinois Prairie Path, a multi-use nature trail for public use. You can hike, bike or take the trail on horseback for approximately 61 miles through western Cook County into DuPage and Kane counties in northeastern Illinois. This former right-of-way for the old Chicago Aurora & Elgin electric railroad was the first U.S. rail-to-trail conversion in the nation in the 1960s. Starting at First Avenue in Maywood, the path continues to Wheaton, then branches to Elgin and Aurora, with additional spurs to Geneva and Batavia. Users of the Path enjoy a scenic trail, which includes many Illinois recreated prairie restorations.
Maywood first became a Chicago hub for the healthcare industry in 1920 when the Edward Hines Jr. Memorial Hospital was established in a park setting for the care of war veterans. In 1969 Maywood welcomed Loyola University Medical Center.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.