Pulmonary Critical Care Physician for Waterloo, IA (Locum)
Waterloo, IA 50702 US
MercyOne Waterloo is needing Locums Pulm CC support starting in August.
- Dates needed: August 15, 2022 8am - Aug 22, 2022 8am; Dec 27, 2022 8am - Jan 3, 2022 8am; Jan 16, 2023 8am - Jan 23, 2023 8am
- Approximately 7-10 shifts per month. Typically call schedule is Monday 8am - Monday 8am. New providers need to have 1 1/2 days of orientation prior to taking over on Monday at 8am.
- Typically call schedule is Monday 8am - Monday 8 am; 24/7 coverage with generally 10 hrs on-site, 14 hrs unrestricted
- Reason for need: vcation coverage while perm recruiting
- EMR: Cerner
- Trauma Level/Designation: WMC - Level III Trauma Center, CFMC - Community Level IV Trauma Designation
- Average number of patients per day: 20-25 total patients between the two hospitals
- Total Number of Beds: WMC - 366 beds, CFMC - 100 beds
- Number of Critical Care Physicians in Group: We have two perm Pulm CC providers who generally share the schedule. We need Pulm CC locums to cover vacations while we recruit a 3rd Pulm CC.
- Number of ICU Beds: WMC - 12 Bed ICU , CFMC - 5 Bed ICU
- Will Other Critical Care Physicians be Present During our Locum's Coverage? No
- Practice Setting: Trauma, Adult, Medical, Surgical
- Required Procedures: invasive vent management (ETT/NT/Tracheostomy), Non-invasive vent management (BiPAP/CPAP), central line, arterial line, thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, bronchoscopy, bronchoscopy w/bronchial alveolar lavage (BAL), ICP eval and management, eval and management of acute volume/BP issues, pulmonary function testing, cardiopulmonary exercise testing, pulmonary rehabilitation, bronchoprovocation testing, endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS), asthma, bronchiolitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, pulmonary vascular disease, pulmonary nodules.
- Unsure if Interstitial and Granulomatomatous Lung disease procedures are required
- Will pay for full travel
- Willing to accept locum, locum to perm, perm
- Credentialing timeframe: 3-6 weeks if provider/agency is on top of things, can do quicker if clean app
- Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible within 0-3 years of residency - Required
- Active IA license or IMLC - Required
- Fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care - Required
- ACLS - Required to obtain before starting
- Availability - Required, note at time of presentation
- COVID vaccine - Required, note at time of name clear
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 2 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.