Psychiatrist - Outpatient Troy, NY (Perm)
Troy, NY 12180 US
- Monday - Friday,
- 8 hour days with flexible start times (most start at 8:30 am)
- Call schedule: 1:6 weekends
- Average Number of Patients Per Day: 15-20 varies based on how many new patients vs follow up. Typically new patients are about 60 minute visits and follow ups are about 20 minutes
- Total Number of Beds: On the inpatient side of things there are 63 total behavioral health beds- not sure what you need here since the opening is for outpatient. The outpatient clinic has roughly 3000 active patients with about 200 scheduled per day.
- 6 psychiatrists and 15 social workers are in the group
- The ideal candidate would provide longevity. We are looking for providers who will stay for some time, offering consistent continuing care to our patients.
- Credentialing timeframe: 2-3 months
- EMR: Epic
Please Note: Trinity Health does not reimburse for any application or credentialing fees.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base Salary Range: $255,000 - $330,000 (based on years of experience)
- Compensation is divided into 3 components: Base Pay, Call Pay, and Quality Incentive Bonus (to be discussed further at interview)
- Starting Bonus $15k
- Quality Incentive Bonus up to $20k
- Call Pay incentives dependent upon types of shifts
- Board Certified or Board Eligible within 5 years of residency - REQUIRED
- NY License active at time of submission - REQUIRED
- DEA - REQUIRED
- Covid Vaccinated - REQUIRED (note at submission)
- Familiarity with Group Therapy, Family Therapy, Pharmacotherapy, Restraint Application, Seclusion Therapy, and Involuntary Commitments - REQUIRED (note at submission)
- Provider must be interested in Perm!
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- New York
ABOUT THE FACILITY
- With 11,000 employees in more than 185 locations, St. Peter’s Health Partners is the Capital Region’s most comprehensive not-for-profit integrated health care network, which provides high-quality, compassionate, and sophisticated care to thousands of people every day. St. Peter’s Health Partners is a member of Trinity Health, one of the nation’s largest Catholic health systems.
- Samaritan offers a comprehensive service line for psychiatry-one of the largest in the area: An outpatient mental health clinic seeing appx 200 patients/day, a PROS clinic for goal-oriented care; emergency psychiatric crisis care and 3 inpatient units at Samaritan Hospital offering 63 inpatient patient care beds.
- Community Features:
- Troy, city, seat (1793) of Rensselaer county, eastern New York, U.S. It lies on the east bank of the Hudson River, opposite Watervliet and the junction of the Hudson with the Mohawk River and the New York State Canal System. With Albany and Schenectady, it forms an urban-industrial complex.
- Year-round activity abounds, whether it be swimming, boating, hiking, biking, skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, or maybe even dog sledding. During the growing season, the county offers an array of locally produced fruits, vegetables, herbs, meats, baked goods, arts, crafts, and even a buffalo hide or two!
- As befits a county seat, the streets of Troy undeniably feature some of the finest nineteenth century architecture in the country. Blessed with what one expert calls the mother lode of Tiffany windows, Troy also houses such world-renowned treasures as the acoustically superb Troy Savings Bank Music Hall. Norman Rockwell was so taken with the area that he painted scenes featuring the streets of Troy, and Hollywood directors have used numerous county locations when making both period films and contemporary blockbusters.
- Another active cultural mecca, The Arts Center of the Capital Region annually welcomes over 70,000 artists, patrons, students, and performers at its new 36,000-square-foot facility. Troy is considered the official gateway to the New York Canal System and boasts a picturesque waterfront park, a dock, and marina. The city itself is acclaimed for events like its River Street Festival, Rockin on the River, and the wintertime favorite, the Victorian Stroll.
- The entire region practically pops at the seams for popular events like the Schaghticoke Fair, Troy Chowder Festival, Troy Victorian Stroll, free summer concerts held across Rensco, the Grafton Lakes Winter Fest and the multiple annual Apple Festival’s, which are enjoyed by thousands of residents and visitors annually. And for those moments you want to get far from the madding crowd, the county offers many solitary activities and pursuits.
- Area Overview
- Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Rensselaer County Tourism
- Discover New York
- GreatSchools.org - Troy, NY
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.