Physician for TBI Exams for VES- Kansas (Locum)
KS, KS 11111 US
Veterans Evaluation Services (VES), a Maximus company, is a government contractor helping our nation Veterans. They're seeking providers to perform a combination of General Medicine and Traumatic Brain Injury exams.
Looking for providers within the following cities:
- Topeka, KS - VES office OR own office
- Manhattan, KS - VES office OR own office
- Wichita, KS - VES office OR own office
- Need is on a PRN basis, ongoing
- Willing to accept these specialties: Neurology, Neurosurgery, PM&R
- Two (2) options listed above - Travel and perform exams at VES leased facility and/or schedule Veterans within your own practice (noted above what is allowed)
- Half day or full day
- Exams are primarily interview-based with some physical assessment: range of motion testing, muscle strength testing, evaluating traumatic brain injury. Exams will be a mix of General Medicine and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- No prescribing, no treatment
- DMA certification available (can get CME credits)
- Use of Goniometer required
- Familiar with Musculoskeletal, Diabetes, and Cardio required
- Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions.
- Own personal laptop (NO MACs)
- Training shall be provided for all Reporting/Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs)/Independent Medical Opinion (IMOs)
- Reporting/DBQs/IMOs must be submitted within 48 hours upon exam completion - no narrative report. End product is completion of standardized form(s).
- Evaluations to be completed in VES's provider portal and records are reviewed
- Half-day - $750
- Full-day - $1,500
- Lodging - up to $150 per night
- Rental Car - up to $75 per day including gas
- Mileage - IRS standard rate (not to be used with rental car - for personal vehicles only)
- Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions - Required
- Own a laptop (no Mac/Apple products) - Required
- Must follow rate structure and meet rate requirements - Required
- Must be willing to wear a mask during all visits - Required
- Previous compensation and pension evaluation experience - Highly Preferred
- Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible within 0-3 years of residency - Required
- Active and unrestricted full license - Required
- Note if provider is DMA Certified on submissions, and if yes, when did they get certified
- Note which location provider is interested in
• Board Certified
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 2 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.