Physician - Primary Care for Birch Run, MI (Perm)
Birch Run, MI 48415 US
- Level 2 trauma center and also certified for pediatrics and geriatrics. Our geriatrics area in the ECC is amazing! It includes immediate access to therapist and social workers,
disposable hearing and visual aids, more comfortable bedding, etc.
- outpatient-only opportunities.
- several locations around Saginaw, depending on the physicians particular interests.
- The positions are employed through Covenant Medical Group, part of Covenant HealthCare. We would welcome a pair that would like to practice together, too.
- Some of the practices are being vacated by retiring physicians, so there is a ready-made panel.
- Covenant Medical Group also will make sure new patients
- are welcomed, based on the physicians interest.
- Call is phone only and is share with three to four other providers of the same specialty.
- EMR: Epic, Covenant was an early adopter of Epic and has been using it for around 15 years.
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid CME - the practice assumes some of the physicians expenses such as membership in one organization, renewal of licenses, etc. It also include paid time off for CME, holidays, sick, vacation, etc.
The Great Lakes Bay Region of Saginaw has great options for housing, dining, family experiences and outdoor activities, including access to rivers, lakes and the
Great Lakes. Located along I-75, access to the metro-Detroit area is less than two hours and to the Northern resort areas, it is just over two hours. We have
an international airport in the community, with daily flights to Chicago and Detroit. Our communities (Bay, Midland and Saginaw) have strong school systems
and many cultural, leisure and educational opportunities. The initial contract is two years (with a 30-day out clause for the physician). After that, the contract is
annual with a wRVU productivity model. For primary care, there could be loan repayment, a training stipend, etc. We can consider H-1B candidates, but none
qualify for J-1 waivers. CMG also provides all clinic personnel and there is a practice coordinator on site. The CEO is a physician, IM trained and a former
medical director of the hospital medicine team (also employed by CMG). There is opportunity to have medical students and residents from Central Michigan
University round with the physician. We have the greatest breadth of specialists in the region with most IM subspecialties represented, in addition to a tremendous
number of surgical subspecialties. Our Emergency Care Center has been ranked among the best in the country.
By submitting your applicant to this need you are acknowledging that you have checked and have no inclination that your candidate has applied directly to this position. Any candidate that has applied directly is not eligible to be onboarded through an agency.
• Board Certified IM or FM - Required
• Board Certified
State License Requirements
About the Facility
From moms-to-be to babies to great-grandfathers, Covenant HealthCare is the one health system in the Great Lakes Bay Region that delivers extraordinary care across generations and across specialties. As the largest, most comprehensive health care provider in the region, you can trust Covenant HealthCare with the health needs of your entire family. We offer a broad spectrum of programs and services ranging from high-risk obstetrics, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, to acute care including a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics, robotic surgery and many other services.
But as a non-profit, our extraordinary care goes beyond our outstanding medical services. Its our compassionate and caring team that makes the difference; their support means you always have someone by your side from diagnosis to recovery. We go above and beyond for our patients every day, and in every way. And that extraordinary commitment extends to the communities we serve. Because by working together for a healthier community, we can build a better tomorrow for generations to come.
Heres why more families across the region prefer Covenant HealthCare:
• We serve 20 counties across northeast and central Michigan
• We have more than 560 physicians
• We have more than 20 inpatient and outpatient facilities
• We have 643 acute care licensed beds
• We have over 90,000 visits a year in our trauma/emergency care center
• We serve seven critical access and community hospitals across Michigan's thumb region and in central Michigan
• We are the largest health care employer in the Great Lakes Bay Region
• We have more than 4,400 employees and 380 volunteers
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.