Physician - Pediatric Hospitalist for Utica, NY (Perm)
Utica, NY 135024830 US
- Great work-life balance with week on / week off schedule.
- Responsibilities include coverage of 7-bed inpatient pediatric unit, emergency department consultations, shared coverage of newborn nursery with neonatology service, and education of medical students and family medicine residents. No delivery attendance or NICU coverage.
- Pediatric service is supported by pediatric-trained speech, occupational, and physical therapies, pediatric-certified echocardiographers, and lactation consultants. Neonatology consultations available in house; other pediatric sub-specialties available from tertiary center in nearby city.
- New state-of-the-art hospital is being built to combine the two local hospitals within the Mohawk Valley Health System. The Wynn Hospital is set to open in November 2023.
- Continued growth of residency programs within the new hospital
- Experienced practitioners, new graduates, and commuters are encouraged to apply. Visa sponsorship will be considered.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
- BE/BC - REQUIRED
- Covid Vaccinated - REQUIRED
- NY state license - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
Utica is a welcoming and diverse town in upstate New York, located on the southern edge of the Adirondack Mountains. The area offers a relatively low crime rate, excellent public and private schools, ample housing options, and a cost of living that is 20% less than the national average. There are a variety of big-city amenities available from eclectic restaurants to quaint festivals. Outdoor activities abound in the area with plentiful lakes and rivers, hiking and biking in the summer, skiing in the winter. Utica is located between two large cities, Syracuse and Albany, and is sandwiched between multiple college towns. It is an easy driving distance to attractions such as the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Lake Ontario.
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.