Physician - Medical Director Mobile, AL(Perm)
Mobile, AL 36607 US
Mercy Life of Alabama has been in existence for over 10 years and Mercy Life of Florida is slated to open Summer 2023. Because of the state regulations, it will not get any larger than 200 participants. The medical director will have the flexibility to make their own schedule in regards to time spent at each location.
The Medical Director provides general medical direction and supervision of the medical aspects of participant care. The Medical Director is responsible for the delivery of participant care, clinical outcomes, and oversight of the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) program. The Medical Director is responsible for the development and maintenance of medical policies and procedures/standards and protocols. The Medical Director provides direction and supervision to related Primary Care Providers (PCPs). The Medical Director provides leadership and guidance to the program colleagues and providers in the local community.
- Submission Requirements (below)
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and means of transportation - REQUIRED
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), in addition to basic knowledge of email, calendaring systems, and other software as required to perform the essential functions of the job. - REQUIRED
- Excellent organizational, customer service, flexibility, and problem-solving skills - REQUIRED
- Willingness to travel within the region periodically as needed - REQUIRED
- Active Alabama or Florida license - REQUIRED (both preferred)
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in IM or Family Medicine - REQUIRED
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Geriatrics - PREFERRED
- Clean Malpractice - HIGHLY PREFERRED
- CDS Certification - REQUIRED
- DEA - REQUIRED
- BLS - REQUIRED
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with the frail or elderly population - REQUIRED
- Previous supervisory experience
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
Meet Your Recruiter
Erin Eccles joined Wapiti Medical Staffing in October 2021. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurial Studies and a Marketing minor from South Dakota State University.
Erin and her husband, Justin, have three children. She enjoys spending her time cooking & baking, working on home renovations, being outside with her family, and watching the Minnesota Vikings.