Perm - Physician - Movement Disorders Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids, MI 49503 US
Mercy Health Physician Partners is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Movement Disorders Physician to join our Mercy Health Hauenstein Neurosciences team located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
• Treatment model focuses on the use of pharmacology, surgical and non-surgical methods.
• If surgery is required, our neurosurgical specialists are highly experienced in surgical insertion and programming of deep brain stimulation.
• 1 in 10 in-patient weekend call for general neurology (non-stroke) with other times covered by Neuro-hospitalist.
• Out-patient practice can accommodate some general neurology, if preferred.
• We have a strong neurology residency program. Teaching/education opportunities are available.
• Research is encouraged. Hauenstein Neurosciences is a research partner with MSU Department of Translational Neurosciences
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive compensation package (to be discussed at site visit ) - Provider may submit salary expectations with presentation
• Recruitment bonus
• Relocation assistance
• Full-time benefit package
• Malpractice insurance w/tail
• CME funds, licensure, and professional membership support
• 403b with employer contribution & match
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED AT NAME CLEAR UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE.
• Board Eligible (with expectation of being BC within 2 years) or Board Certified in Neurology - REQUIRED
• Fellowship-trained in Movement Disorders (to be completed prior to start) - REQUIRED
• MI license (or willing to obtain) - REQUIRED
• DEA (or willing to obtain) - REQUIRED
• ACLS & BLS - REQUIRED
**Trinity Health does not reimburse for credentialing fees**
By submitting your applicant to this need you are acknowledging that you have checked and have no inclination that your candidate has applied directly to this position. Any candidate that has applied directly is not eligible to be onboarded through an agency.
• Board Certified
• Board Eligible
State License Requirements
Additional License Requirements
About the Facility
About THMG and Mercy Health Hauenstein Neurosciences:
Mercy Health Hauenstein Neurosciences exists to provide effective diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of complex neurological disorders. Our nationally recognized team is here to work with you and provide truly comprehensive neurological services -- from highly accurate diagnosis to some of the most advanced treatment options available.
You can have access to the largest and most experienced team of nationally recognized neurological experts in West Michigan. Fellowship-trained physicians specializing in the areas of epilepsy, spine and brain disorders, Parkinsons disease, sleep disorders, stroke, dementia and overall nervous system care are available to you.
Under the leadership of Dr. Philip B. Gorelick, a world-renowned expert who has been recognized as one of the Top Stroke Neurologists in the United States, the interdisciplinary team at Mercy Health offers a depth of experience and expertise that is unparalleled in the region.
Trinity Health Medical Group (THMG) is a multi-specialty physician network that employs more than 700 physicians and advanced practice professionals in Grand Rapids, Muskegon, Holland and the Lakeshore.
Our care model centers around the patient relationship within a Catholic faith-based setting, in which we become lifelong health partners with you and your family. We also encourage active patient involvement and provide a higher degree of accessibility than the average doctor.
We are Trinity Health, the nation's second-largest Catholic Health System.
Trinity Health BeRemarkable
Be Remarkable! Work in an organization that focuses on treating the whole person, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Every day at Trinity Health, we dedicate ourselves to be a transforming, healing presence in the communities we serve. The mission we all share is why we are here.
At Trinity Health, "Be Remarkable" is a call to action. It's how we live out our values, practice high quality medicine, and interact with each other and our patients with compassion every day. For patients seeking a provider, we hope it conveys peace of mind that their desires and needs come first.
About the Community:
Amenities of a Big City With a Small Town Feel
Grand Rapids offers a remarkable combination of cosmopolitan atmosphere and small town warmth, known for its philanthropic and sustainability-driven community, and is ranked one of Americas Top 100 Places to Live. Located on the banks of the Grand River, Grand Rapids offers all the big-city excitement youd expect from a million-resident metropolis, featuring hundreds of restaurants and nightspots, theatres, museums, sports and concerts. The safe and clean downtown is surrounded by an eclectic mix of walkable neighborhoods.
With a medical and life sciences industry boom, strong entrepreneurial activity, dedication to green building and living, and innovative employers, Grand Rapids diverse economy continues to grow, offering endless career opportunities.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.