Pediatrics Hospitalist Physician for Hagerstown, MD (Perm)
Hagerstown, MD 21742 US
Pediatrix Medical Group has an exciting opportunity for a BC/BE pediatrician to join our new practice as a full time pediatric hospitalist at Meritus Medical Center in Hagerstown, MD.
- Responsibilities include covering the 12-bed pediatric floor, pediatric patients in the ED, and the newborn nursery
- Shifts are 24 hours and include in-house coverage from 7a-7p then out of house coverage from 7p-7a.
- New grads welcome
- Maryland license preferred or IMLC
- Teaching opportunities available through on-site family medicine residency program, and 4-year medical school scheduled to open fall of 2025
- Leadership position available
- Meritus has a Level 2 nursery with affiliated Pediatrix neonatologists inhouse 24/7
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- BE/BC - REQUIRED
- Covid Vaccinated - REQUIRED
- IMLC or MD state license - Preferred
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
About the Facility
Hagerstown is located in Washington County, known for its rich history and crossroads of the Civil War, and affordable cost of living. But there is also a rich cultural scene in Hagerstowns Arts & Entertainment District, with the Maryland Theatre and Performing Arts Complex offering year-round shows, concerts, and events. The city also offers outdoor recreation with the Appalachian Trail, national and state parks, and an abundance of options for hiking, biking, kayaking, boating, birding, photography or what you like to do outdoors.
Meet Your Recruiter
Erin Eccles joined Wapiti Medical Staffing in October 2021. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurial Studies and a Marketing minor from South Dakota State University.
Erin and her husband, Justin, have two children. She enjoys spending her time cooking & baking, working on home renovations, being outside with her family, and watching the Minnesota Vikings.