Pediatric Ophthalmologist in Kirkland, WA (Perm)
Kirkland, WA 98034 US
Pediatrix Eye Care is recruiting a fellowship-trained Board Eligible/Board Certified Pediatric Ophthalmologist to join our clinically active group in the Seattle Suburbs.
- Must be fellowship-trained Board Eligible (within 5 years of residency) or Board Certified Pediatric Ophthalmologist
- Strong work ethic
- Participation in daily clinical activities which includes outpatient visits, surgery, NICU screening for ROP and hospital consultations, allow for a diverse exposure to all areas of pediatric ophthalmology
- Experience in all aspects of general pediatric ophthalmology, including screening for and treatment of Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP).
- 3 days of outpatient clinical work per week seeing children and adults with strabismus
- Myopia management program
- Diverse array of medical and surgical patients
- Rounding on NICU babies 1 day per week in area hospitals
- Surgical experience in at least 1 of 3 areas:
- Anterior and posterior segment
- Strabismus, child and adult
- In addition to clinical responsibilities, opportunities exist to participate in clinical research, clinical work in rural Skagit Valley, and organized ophthalmology.
Compensation and Benefits: Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Board Eligible (within 5 years of residency) or Board Certified in Ophthalmology - REQUIRED
- Active WA license (or ability to obtain one) - REQUIRED
- Completed fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology - REQUIRED (by time of start)
- State experience with conditions/procedures: screening for and treatment of Retinopathy of Prematurity, Myopia, Strabismus (child and adult), anterior and posterior segment, Oculoplastics - REQUIRED
- State experience/proficiency with EMR/EHR concepts and willingness to learn NextGen - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
- Fellowship-trained, Experience with conditions/procedures, Experience/proficiency with EHM/EHM concepts and willingness to learn NextGen
Pediatrix Eye Care is a happy, positive, caring group of 2 pediatric ophthalmologists, one pediatric optometrist, an optician and an energetic support staff that likes to laugh and works hard to give our patients and parents an experience above and beyond the typical doctor’s office. Everything from a separate waiting area for adults and teens, a 500-frame pediatric optical shop, a movie room, to an indoor soft foam play area is geared toward our patient-centric ethos. We are a well-respected practice with a regional referral base across the Pacific Northwest and extending to Alaska.
About the Community:
Kirkland, Washington is a vibrant community along the eastern shore of Lake Washington a short drive from Seattle and bordered by Bellevue and Redmond. The area is growing and is home to companies such as Costco, Microsoft, Amazon, and more. Kirkland is minutes from lakefront beaches and the Puget Sound’s beaches and islands, an hour from world class skiing, and is a hiker’s paradise with trails for all skill levels.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.