Pediatric Hospitalist in Utica, NY (Perm)
Utica, NY 13502 US
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatrician to join our growing pediatric service in gorgeous Utica, NY.
- Great work-life balance with week on / week off schedule.
- Responsibilities include coverage of 7-bed inpatient pediatric unit, emergency department consultations, shared coverage of newborn nursery with neonatology service, and education of medical students and family medicine residents. No delivery attendance or NICU coverage.
- Pediatric service is supported by pediatric-trained speech, occupational, and physical therapies, pediatric-certified echocardiographers, and lactation consultants. Neonatology consultations available in house; other pediatric sub-specialties available from tertiary center in nearby city.
- New state-of-the-art hospital is being built to combine the two local hospitals within the Mohawk Valley Health System. The Wynn Hospital is set to open in November 2023.
- Continued growth of residency programs within the new hospital
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Pediatrics - REQUIRED
- COVID Vaccinated - REQUIRED
- NY state license - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
- COVID Vaccination
Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare (FSLH) and St. Elizabeth Medical Center (SEMC) affiliated as the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) in March 2014. MVHS is governed by a single, 18-member board of directors, with nine members from FSLH’s board and nine from SEMC’s board. The system is operated by a single management team.
MVHS serves the geographic area of Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties and is an integrated delivery system with 4,200 full-time equivalent employees and a combined operating budget of $610 million.
The MVHS Medical Group has 17 primary care locations, a Children’s Health Center, a Women’s Health Center, general, orthopedic and neurological surgeons and a Breast Care Center to serve our community’s healthcare needs.
Both hospitals accept all major insurances and have designated charity care programs to help provide for individuals without insurance.
The affiliation helps to enhance services for the residents of the Mohawk Valley through greater collaboration and improved clinical quality for patient and resident care. As a large system, MVHS has much to offer when recruiting new physicians.
St. Luke’s Campus has 370 acute care beds and 202 long-term care beds in the Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- Bariatric Surgery Program
- Maternal Child Services
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Surgical and Ambulatory Services
- Total Joint Orthopedic Program
Utica is a welcoming and diverse town in upstate New York, located on the southern edge of the Adirondack Mountains. The area offers a relatively low crime rate, excellent public and private schools, ample housing options, and a cost of living that is 20% less than the national average. There are a variety of big-city amenities available from eclectic restaurants to quaint festivals. Outdoor activities abound in the area with plentiful lakes and rivers, hiking and biking in the summer, skiing in the winter. Utica is located between two large cities, Syracuse and Albany, and is sandwiched between multiple college towns. It is an easy driving distance to attractions such as the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Lake Ontario.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.