Pediatric Hospitalist in Midland, MI (Perm)
Midland, MI 48670 US
Pediatrix® Medical Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for a Pediatric Hospitalist-Medical Director in Midland, Michigan.
- Provide 24/7 in-house coverage
- Flexible scheduling that allows for enhanced work/life balance. Full time position ten 24-hour shifts a month.
- Provide care to normal newborns, special care nursery and pediatric inpatient services, in collaboration between pediatric hospitalists and neonatologists, who work as a team.
- Have the ability to participate in CQI and clinical research projects and the opportunity to exchange best practices and ideas with the several thousand Pediatrix providers working across more than 400 NICUs
- Competitive salary range based on experience and training (to be discussed at interview).
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability options
- Advanced and continuing education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance**
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Board Eligible (within 5 years of residency) or Board Certified in Pediatrics - REQUIRED
- Board Eligible (within 5 years of residency) or Board Certified in Pediatric Hospital Medicine - PREFERRED
- MI license (or willing to obtain) - REQUIRED
- Previous leadership experience - PREFERRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
- Leadership experience preferred
Our board-certified neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners provide high-quality neonatal intensive care in a compassionate, family-focused manner. We apply the latest research-based advances in neonatal care to continually improve the lives of our patients and their families.
Our dedicated pediatric hospitalists bring expertise and compassion to manage the complex needs of infants, children and adolescents during their hospital stay.
At Pediatrix Specialty Care of Michigan, we'll be here when you and your family need us the most.
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
About the Community:
Midland is one of the best places to live in the U.S. Midland performs especially well in the environment, housing and cost of living categories and known as the heart of Michigan's technology basin, Midland is the global headquarters of two Fortune 500 companies, Dow Chemical and Dow Corning Corporation, and home to the Midland Cogeneration Venture, the largest gas-fueled, steam recovery co-generation facility in North America. Explore an artsy city dotted by mid-century modern architecture — and soar above gorgeous gardens & forest on America's longest canopy walk.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.