Outpatient Psychiatrist in Troy, NY (Perm)
Troy, NY 12180 US
Samaritan Hospital, located in Troy, NY, offers a comprehensive program in behavioral health that includes inpatient services across three units and a robust outpatient program located on the hospital campus. An interdisciplinary team provides specialized care to meet the medical, psychiatric, and social needs of the older adult patient.
- The Psychiatrist will provide outpatient coverage for adult patients at the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic
- Join a team of counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, case managers, and nurse practitioners in providing compassionate care to our patients.
- Call Rotation: 1:6 weekends; 1:7 weeknights
- Applicants should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented
- Average Number of Patients Per Day: 15-20 varies based on how many new patients vs follow up. Typically new patients are about 60 minute visits and follow ups are about 20 minutes.
- Samaritan offers a comprehensive service line for psychiatry-one of the largest in the area: An outpatient mental health clinic seeing appx 200 patients/day, a PROS clinic for goal oriented care; emergency psychiatric crisis care and 3 inpatient units at Samaritan Hospital offering 63 inpatient patient care beds.
- Team of eight employed Psychiatrists and five Psychiatric NPs
- Experience treating an adult psychiatric patient population is preferred
- EMR: Epic
- Credentialing timeframe: 2-3 months
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Psychiatry - REQUIRED
- NY License - REQUIRED
- DEA - REQUIRED
- Note experience with Group Therapy, Family Therapy, Pharmacotherapy, Restraint Application, Seclusion Therapy, and Involuntary Commitments - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
- New York
With 11,000 employees in more than 185 locations, St. Peter’s Health Partners is the Capital Region’s most comprehensive not-for-profit integrated health care network. Samaritan Hospital is a 277-bed community hospital offering inpatient and outpatient including emergency services, critical care and ambulatory surgery, cancer services, behavioral health services, and cardiac catheterization. In 2018, St. Peter’s Health Partners completed a major construction project modernizing its facilities, including a new patient pavilion with an expanded emergency department, ICU, PCU, Med/Surg units, and a new parking garage.
About the Community:
Troy, NY is an urban treasure! The City's rich history and eclectic energy has attracted people from across the nation and around the world. It offers the convenience and accessibility of urban living with a friendly, small town feel. The City's affordable properties draw new residents from all walks of life: urban pioneers who enjoy living and working in Troy's beautiful, historic buildings; college students who come for a world-class education and decide to stay, and business owners seeking a real sense of community.
The Collar City is an engaged, civic-minded, and forward-thinking community, overflowing with innovative individuals and entrepreneurial spirits, who care deeply about social responsibility, education, equality, and sustainability.
Troy, NY also boasts the youngest median age (31.6) in the region.
The 2017 Times Union "Best of the Capital Region" Reader's Poll voted downtown Troy the "Best neighborhood to live without a car." Come visit and see what the buzz is about! The downtown atmosphere is energetic and supports the live, work, play attitude of our creative and tech-driven culture - dozens of shops and eateries to explore, along with various arts and cultural destinations.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.