Otolaryngologist Physician for Findlay, OH (Locum)
Findlay, OH 45840 US
• The Physician Assistants take first call for both clinic and inpatient
• The Physician Assistants round inpatient
• Since the Physician Assistants take first call, the on call physician receives very few calls.
• Clinic call: 5p to 7a for after hours, but assigned providers are on call during the day.
• Scheduled days/times for procedures: Would be placed into block time rotation, typically 1-2 days in the OR per week
• What types of procedures/cases: Physician is ideally well versed in all ENT procedures (head and neck, ear surgery, nasal/sinus surgery, laryngology, peds, facial plastics) but they dont have to do all of these procedures.
Average # of Cases Per Day
• In clinic: Average 20-30 patients/day
• On call: 1-2 patients per week
• Pediatrics: Yes
• Support Staff: Nurse, MA, Secretary, Surgery Scheduler, Audiologist, Audiology Tech
• They would not be the sole provider: There will be one other physician and three physician assistants
• Experienced locum to perm candidates are preferred
• Equipment available: In office rigid/flexible scopes, in office procedures (balloons, etc.), full ENT service line for head and neck, sinus (w/ new navigation), ears, etc. in the main ORs
• Years of experience: Preferably 5+
• Want them to have at least 500 cases per year * Case logs will be required at the time of presentation *
• Would prefer local candidates
• 24-hour in-house hospitalist service available for ED admissions
• Supportive and collaborative medical staff, operations team and leadership
• Team with surgical and robotics expertise
• Strong subspecialty support
• EMR: Cerner
• Board Certified or Board Eligible - REQUIRED
• Active OH license - Highly Preferred
Also Required at Time of Name Clear:
• State licensure
• Board Certification Status
• Malpractice information
• Have they had any action on licensure?
• Travel requirements
• Have they ever been terminated?
• Why are they doing locums?
• Have they worked a locums assignment before?
• Why did they leave their last place of employment (If they are still at their current place of employment, why did they leave the facility before their current workplace)?
• Covid compliant (first two shots or medical/religious exemption)
• Explanation of any gaps 6 months or more within the last 10 years, or since completion of training
• Are they open to locum to perm if its a good fit on both ends?
• References - Please include two references contact information (name, email, phone) - If you have a completed reference, also sent those
• If you have worked a locum assignment recently please provide one reference from that assignment
• Case Logs - Showing at least 500 ENT cases per year
• Board Certified
• Board Eligible
State License Requirements
About the Facility
About Blanchard Valley Health System:
Blanchard Valley Health System (BVHS) is a non-profit, integrated regional health system based in Findlay, Northwest Ohio. BVHS serves an eight-county radius, employs more than 3,000 associates, and is committed to serving and meeting the needs of our communities.
• Independent community-based 501c3 with A+ Moody rating
• Service area of over 175k in Findlay and surrounding counties
• Findlay Hospital: 150 bed, 16-bed ICU, 18-bed CCU, Level III Trauma Center, Level III ODH Heart Care Center, 1200 deliveries/year, Level II Special Care Nursery 32 weeks+
• Bluffton Hospital: 25-bed, specialty clinics, 24-hour ED, diagnostic services, outpatient surgery/procedures
• Findlay Surgery Center: Free-standing facility, 4 ORs, 2 endoscopy suites, procedure rooms
• Robotics Center, (4) da Vinci surgical robots (two Xi/two X)
• Mayo Clinic Care Network Member
• Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
• American Heart Association, American Stroke Association Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers
BVHS Specialties: Allergy & Immunology, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, EMS, Endocrinology, ENT, Family Medicine, General Surgery, GI, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Disease, Nephrology, Neurosurgery, OBGYN, Occupational & Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Pain Management, Palliative Care & Hospice, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Psychiatry, Pulmonary Critical Care, Radiation Oncology, Rheumatology, Senior Care Services, Urgent Care, Urology, Wound Care
Our Mission: Caring for a lifetime.
Our Vision: Extraordinary people. Exceptional care.
Our Values: Integrity, Compassion, Skill, Collaboration, Innovation and Humor.
About the Community:
Why Findlay, NW Ohio? Located in Hancock County, Findlay is a family-friendly city close to major metropolitan centers and airports, restaurants, parks, events and entertainment.
• Balanced professional and personal lifestyle
• High salary to cost-of-living ratio
• #1 Micropolitan in U.S. based on 543 statistical areas
• Located on I-75, 45 minutes south of Toledo and I-80, close to major metro and airports
• Community of higher education, health care, business, retail and agriculture
• Ten public school districts in Hancock County, including Findlay City School and private school options
• Major employers Marathon Petroleum Corp., Cooper Tire & Rubber/Goodyear, Whirlpool Corp., Ball Corp.
• International businesses and distribution centers with enterprises from 9 different countries
Meet Your Recruiter
Addie Whelan joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in August 2022.
Addie enjoys spending time with her boyfriend and two dogs as well as doing activities such as riding her motorcycle, working out, and anything to do with water.