Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon in Saginaw, MI (Perm)
Saginaw, MI 48602 US
Located in middle Michigan, Covenant HealthCare is seeking a highly motivated and experienced orthopedic trauma surgeon to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong clinical background and be a team player who is dedicated to providing excellent patient care.
As the largest (over 560 physicians and 4,400 employees), most comprehensive health care provider in this region, Covenant can offer state-of-the-art technologies in combination with a compassionate and highly trained staff.
• Required procedures: Fractures of pelvis and extremities, Nonunion and malunions, Post traumatic arthritis, Bone infections, Total joint arthroplasty procedures, including knee and hip replacements
• Provide comprehensive pre- and post-operative care to patients
• Work closely with other healthcare professionals to provide a seamless patient experience
• Stay up-to-date on the latest advances in total joint surgery
• Strong clinical skills and judgment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to providing excellent patient care
• What makes Covenant Orthopaedics so extraordinary?
- We have highly trained, extraordinary orthopaedic surgeons.
- We have an orthopaedic trauma team on staff serving the Great Lakes Bay Region.
- We have the most advanced state-of-the-art technology.
- We offer a comprehensive range of services from surgery, physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- We perform minimally invasive total joint replacement surgery.
- We specialize in all injuries including bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves for every generation.
- We offer an on-campus partnership with Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital which includes both inpatient and outpatient therapies.
• Open to H-1B candidates, but cannot accept J-1 waivers
• Not accepting Locums candidates
Compensation and Benefits:
• Excellent compensation package based on MGMA standards and experience - base salary is at the 50th percentile of MGMA. Provider may submit salary expectations with presentation.
• Starting bonus
• Professional liability coverage
• Health insurance
• Dental and vision
• Short- and long-term disability
• Life insurance
• Paid CME - the practice assumes some of the physicians expenses such as membership in one organization, renewal of licenses, etc.
• Paid time off for holidays, sick, vacation, etc.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED AT NAME CLEAR UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE.
• Board Certified or Board Eligible (0-5 years of residency) in Orthopaedic Surgery - REQUIRED
• Active MI license (or in process of obtaining) - HIGHLY PREFERRED
• State experience with required procedures: Fractures of pelvis and extremities, Nonunion and malunions, Post traumatic arthritis, Bone infections, Total joint arthroplasty procedures, including knee and hip replacements - REQUIRED
By submitting your applicant to this need you are acknowledging that you have checked and have no inclination that your candidate has applied directly to this position. Any candidate that has applied directly is not eligible to be onboarded through an agency.
• Board Certified
• Board Eligible
State License Requirements
Additional License Requirements
• Experience in required procedures
About the Facility
About Covenant Center for Advanced Orthopaedics:
From diagnosis to recovery, you can trust the region's most comprehensive orthopaedic program.
There's a reason people come for miles for orthopaedic surgery at Covenant HealthCare: Our orthopaedic surgeons and physicians are second to none. Together we deliver fully integrated, comprehensive care with a team of highly skilled nurses, therapists and other healthcare professionals who will help you through the healing process.
About Covenant HealthCare:
Covenant HealthCare is the one health system in the Great Lakes Bay Region that delivers extraordinary care across generations and across specialties. As the largest, most comprehensive health care provider in the region, you can trust Covenant HealthCare with the health needs of your entire family. We offer a broad spectrum of programs and services ranging from high-risk obstetrics, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, to acute care including a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics, robotic surgery and many other services.
But as a non-profit, our extraordinary care goes beyond our outstanding medical services. Its our compassionate and caring team that makes the difference; their support means you always have someone by your side from diagnosis to recovery. We go above and beyond for our patients every day, and in every way. And that extraordinary commitment extends to the communities we serve. Because by working together for a healthier community, we can build a better tomorrow for generations to come.
About the Community:
Covenant is located in Saginaw County, about a hundred miles northwest of Detroit. Working here gives our employees easy access to both the city and the beauty of northern Michigan-and the time to take advantage of it.
Walkable, riverfront towns where shops and eateries dot the blocks, with cozy stays right near inviting waters. Neighborhoods alive with public art and humming with low-key nightlife, local pours and delicious comfort food. Historic theaters and architecture, pristine art galleries and polished museums.
Moments like these fill every pocket of these six magnetic cities. But if youve seen one of them? Youve still only seen one. Because while unsalted freshwaters and unspoiled trails knit this nature-rich region together - each one-of-a-kind locale adds its own splash of personality. Explore them all!
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.