Orthopedic Surgeon in Saginaw, MI (Perm)
Saginaw, MI 48602 US
Located in middle Michigan, Covenant HealthCare is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon to join our team.
As the largest (over 560 physicians and 4,400 employees), most comprehensive health care provider in this region, Covenant can offer state-of-the-art technologies in combination with a compassionate and highly trained staff.
- Strong clinical background in total joint arthroplasty, including hip and knee replacements
- Provide comprehensive care to patients before, during, and after surgery
- Work closely with other healthcare professionals to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients
- Stay up-to-date on the latest advances in total joint arthroplasty
- Strong clinical skills and judgment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to providing excellent patient care
- What makes Covenant Orthopaedics so extraordinary?
- We have highly trained, extraordinary orthopaedic surgeons.
- We have an orthopaedic trauma team on staff serving the Great Lakes Bay Region.
- We have the most advanced state-of-the-art technology.
- We offer a comprehensive range of services from surgery, physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- We perform minimally invasive total joint replacement surgery.
- We specialize in all injuries including bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves for every generation.
- We offer an on-campus partnership with Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital which includes both inpatient and outpatient therapies.
- Professional liability coverage
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Paid CME – the practice assumes some of the physician’s expenses such as membership in one organization, renewal of licenses, etc.
- Paid time off for holidays, sick, vacation, etc.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible (0-5 years of residency) in Orthopaedic Surgery - REQUIRED
- Active MI license (or in process of obtaining) - HIGHLY PREFERRED
- 3+ years of experience in total joint arthroplasty - HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
- 3+ years of experience in total joint arthroplasty
From diagnosis to recovery, you can trust the region's most comprehensive orthopaedic program.
There's a reason people come for miles for orthopaedic surgery at Covenant HealthCare: Our orthopaedic surgeons and physicians are second to none. Together we deliver fully integrated, comprehensive care with a team of highly skilled nurses, therapists and other healthcare professionals who will help you through the healing process.
About Covenant HealthCare:
Covenant HealthCare is the one health system in the Great Lakes Bay Region that delivers extraordinary care across generations and across specialties. As the largest, most comprehensive health care provider in the region, you can trust Covenant HealthCare with the health needs of your entire family. We offer a broad spectrum of programs and services ranging from high-risk obstetrics, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, to acute care including a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics, robotic surgery and many other services.
But as a non-profit, our extraordinary care goes beyond our outstanding medical services. It’s our compassionate and caring team that makes the difference; their support means you always have someone by your side from diagnosis to recovery. We go above and beyond for our patients every day, and in every way. And that extraordinary commitment extends to the communities we serve. Because by working together for a healthier community, we can build a better tomorrow for generations to come.
About the Community:
The economically diverse County of Saginaw is located in the central portion of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula and is part of the Great Lakes Bay Region. Saginaw County, with a population of nearly 200,000 residents, is a hub of research, product development, and manufacturing for the auto, chemical, silicon, advanced materials, and technology industries. The Region is home to chemical and innovation giants such as Dow and Hemlock Semiconductor. Its automotive sector is led by Nexteer Automotive, two General Motors facilities, Means Industries and a number of suppliers.
Midland, Bay City, Saginaw and Mount Pleasant are the heart of the Great Lakes Bay Region. From the bustle of Downtown Saginaw to the quiet agricultural communities of Gratiot County, the Great Lakes Bay Region spans diverse communities throughout the heart of Michigan. Thanks to its blue-collar heritage and convenient access to the rest of the world, businesses of all types are finding that the Great Lakes Bay Region is their perfect home.
With a population of more than 575,000 residents, the Region is a hub of research, product development, and manufacturing for the auto, chemical, silicon and agribusiness industries. Here you will find unique opportunities to partner with some of the world’s experts in Solar, Medical and Advanced Manufacturing research and work side-by-side with well-established and start-up companies on the cutting edge of new technologies.
Saginaw County is the Region’s medical center featuring the new Central Michigan College of Medicine, and is an established service area for professional services, such as accounting and legal specialties. The Great Lakes Bay Region also has a strong position as a retail and tourist destination, which coincides with exceptional quality of life.
The Great Lakes Bay Region is the largest watershed in Michigan, making it a place rich with natural resources. The Saginaw River and eight different rivers intertwine and drain into the Saginaw Bay which is connected to Lake Huron.
A growing economy, outstanding healthcare, low cost of living, award-winning schools, and diverse housing options are all available in Saginaw. Our region has a vibrant, big-city feel with small city expenses and charm!
Meet Your Recruiter
Addie Whelan joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in August 2022.
Addie enjoys spending time with her boyfriend and two dogs as well as doing activities such as riding her motorcycle, working out, and anything to do with water.