Oncology- NP-Coos Bay, OR (Perm)
Coos Bay, OR 97420 US
- Day shift
- Primarily outpatient with occasional inpatient rounding
- Paid call shared equally
- Functions as a member of the clinical patient care team performing tasks and procedures consistent with the training and licensure of an advanced practice provider.
- Currently 1 NP Locum and 2 Oncologists in facility
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates the ability to use a personal computer and various software programs applicable to the position
- Demonstrates the ability to operate applicable office equipment
- Exhibits the ability to deal effectively interdepartmentally & with the public
- Exhibits the ability to maintain confidentiality, think and act independently with minimal supervision
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exercises good judgment, demonstrates effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Flexible, able to prioritize and address multiple responsibilities concurrently
- Works effectively under stress and frequently changing job requirements/situations
- Effective communication and team building skills
- Organizational skills
- Consummate professional that consistently provides quality, evidence-based, compassionate care, and effectively communicates with referring physicians
- Team-oriented with growth mindset
- Excellent clinical acumen and interpersonal skills required
- Efficiency with software interfaces (EPIC)
- PHYSICAL/MENTAL/ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently
- Possess physical agility and adequate reaction time to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected patient care needs
- Needs adequate hearing and visual acuity, including adequate color vision
- Requires fine motor skills, adequate eye-hand coordination, and ability to grasp and handle objects
- Able to use proper body mechanics to assist patients in ambulating, transferring in and out of bed, chair or wheelchair
- Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and bodily fluids
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
- Average Rate: $134,018.50 USD (This represents the rate for an individual with significant experience in this job in a full-time 40 hour per week position)
- Relocation assistance
- Potential sign-on bonus
- Medical options including basic and premium PPOs and a high deductible plan with a health savings account
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic life/AD&D term insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Retirement plans, including:
- 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- 457 Roth
- 403(b) Tax Sheltered Accounts
- Tuition reimbursement up to $2,000
- The BAH Family Scholarship Program
- Paid time off up to 25 days a year and a cash-out option up to 80 PTO hours
- Extended sick leave
- Paid leave in case of bereavement or jury duty
- Employee assistance program
- Affordable childcare at Bright Beginnings Learning Center
- Voluntary insurance through Aflac
- Telehealth with Teladoc on a 24/7 basis
- Wellness clinic on site
- Fitness Center available 24/7 for $6/month
- Health club membership discounts
- Wellness program with incentives
- Will preparation, identity theft protection and cell phone discounts
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioner (prior to start)
- Oregon license (or willing to obtain)
- AONCP certification (or willing to obtain)
- Experience practicing as an Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner in an inpatient and/or outpatient setting
- Board Certified
- AONCP (by time of start), Experience working as Hem/Onc NP (preferred)
About Bay Area Hospital:
As the Medical Center for Oregon’s South Coast, Bay Area Hospital offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. The hospital’s inpatient and outpatient services include medical, surgical, pediatric, critical care, home health, outpatient and acute inpatient psychiatric, oncology, obstetrical, and other specialties.
We recently built the Prefontaine Cardiovascular Center, and a new Wound Care Center, offering hyperbaric therapy. In July of 2015, the hospital completed the Bay Area Cancer Center, making sure families throughout the region have access to cutting-edge cancer treatment and related services. We also administer the Kids’ HOPE Center, a one-stop service for abused children.
Physicians, nurses, and technologists are on duty 24-hours a day to meet the medical and emergency needs of South Coast residents and visitors. Our highly skilled staff is involved in a constant process of professional educational opportunities to keep abreast of the latest medical innovations.
Modern technology has made diagnosis and treatment easier. New and expanded medical services include laser treatments, MRI, CT, PET, mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, laparoscopy, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, varicose vein treatment, advanced radiation therapy, and robotic-assisted surgery.
Bay Area Hospital is committed to quality health care. Proof of this commitment is our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
About the Community:
Coos Bay, North Bend and Charleston make up a diverse area of historic charm, natural beauty and outdoor adventure known as Oregon’s Adventure Coast. Each town displays its own unique independence while still being woven into a strong regional community on Oregon’s South Coast.
The largest deep-draft port between San Francisco and the Puget Sound in Washington State, Coos Bay, along with neighboring North Bend, anchors the Southern Coast as a highly active harbor and thriving city. Coos Bay is artistic and deeply shaped by the people who call it home. The historic bayside Marshfield District is home to a multitude of historic buildings, theaters, shops, restaurants, galleries, and parks.
Yet from the city of Coos Bay it’s just a short trip to the untamed expanses of the Southern Oregon Coastal Wilderness. Adventures in the Oregon Dunes, long stretches of sandy beach, and forested hikes are all nearby. Close access to rivers, lakes, Coos Bay, and the Pacific Ocean makes water sport and exploration easy. And, like the rest of this beautiful region, the Cape Arago Highway coastal drive rewards those who stop a while and explore off the beaten path.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in February 2022. Prior to coming to Wapiti, Lisa spent over 21 years in Retail Pharmacy in multiple roles including Manager, CPhT and Compliance Officer. Some of her accolades include Diabetic Lifestyle Coach, Orthotic Shoe Fitter and ACHC Accreditation Specialist. Lisa was also the recipient of Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award by the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy.
Lisa is a mother of two adult children, Eric and Brooke, whom she is incredibly proud of. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY projects, drawing and painting, traveling both domestically and internationally, cooking, gardening and experiencing new adventures so she can continue to check things off her bucket list.