Non-Invasive Cardiologist - Colorado Springs, CO (Perm)
Colorado Springs, CO 80909 US
The UCHealth Heart and Vascular team in Colorado Springs is adding a fellowship-trained, non-invasive Cardiologist to support our rural southern Colorado Community. Be part of a collegial group that works together closely to provide the utmost quality care for our patients while supporting each team member's personal and professional goals. At UCHealth, we are dedicated to putting patients first, excellence and integrity. We want you to help make extraordinary possible. Shifts:
- 4 days per week M-Th
- This is an employed position with our Southern Colorado Cardiology Team.
- This position will provide outreach to rural southern Colorado.
- This position is a non-invasive cardiology outreach.
- The main role/goal is to maintain and further build outreach department for cardiology.
- Enjoy work-life balance with 4-day work weeks.
- Clinical role to some degree, but mostly outreach focused.
- Enjoy work-life balance with 4-day work weeks, Mon-Thurs outreach.
- No cath lab time, no surgeries.
- Collaborate monthly with Cardiology partners.
- No call or hospital requirement, outpatient only.
- Seasoned support staff that drives the outreach program (Program Coordinator, MA, and Scheduler).
- Prefers non-invasive, but open to accept interventional, etc.
- Read your own studies.
- Opportunity to take part in the strategic growth plan to expand access.
- See approximately 15-20 patients a day.
- EMR: EPIC
- How many offices will have a clinic? How many days at each location? We generally do 1 day per week with one location currently (eads) that is once monthly.
- Approximately how many miles will the outreach location be from the main office? Lamar is our farthest and we fly to that location weekly due to the distance. All others are drivable via rental car. Locations could change depending on future needs and added locations.
- Who handles outpatient communication (i.e. med refills, test results, urgent/triage calls)? Is it done by phone or EMR? The outreach physician has a dedicated MA that helps support this. The main clinic does have an RN triage line. Follow-up can be done via Epic or phone.
- Can you please confirm if EPIC is the EMR that is used? EPIC
- If this is a 4-day work week, who covers the 5th day? Or is that triaged and/or sent back to the cardiologist to address on Monday? The MA works 5 days a week and urgent stuff could be handled by the “on-call” physician or deferred if that is the preferred workflow of the physician. Our current physician is always available even when “off”.
- Will there be an outpatient APP to help with the additional volume of patient care? Not at this time but it is something that can be considered for the future.
We expect you to live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes:
- Retirement program comprised of a basic pension plan, 401(a) investment account, 403(b) matching account and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan.
- Offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage.
- Competitive time off plan and wellness benefits.
- Generous continuing medical education (CME) allowance.
- Board Certified Cardiology focused - Required
- Active CO License - Highly Preferred
- Covid Vaccinated - Required, note at name clear
- Perm candidates only - required
- Board Certified
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
ABOUT THE FACILITY About UCHealth
UCHealth Medical Group is a physician-led organization, with a dedicated focus on access, performance, innovation and experience, providing unmatched patient care in the Rocky Mountain Front Range. With more than 10 hospitals and 100 clinic locations, UCHealth pushes the boundaries of medicine, providing advanced treatments and clinical trials and improving health through innovation.
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. About Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs invites the outdoor adventurists and cultural enthusiasts to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a county population of around 650,000, this area boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.