Neurologist - Mason City, IA (Perm)
Mason City, IA 50401 US
- 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off (Sun-Sat)
- 10-hour days (potentially 8-hour days, but TBD)
- 2-4 new patient consults per day
- 6-8 patients total daily on average (new consults and follow-ups included)
- Take all neurology inpatient/ED/network consult requests
- small outpatient clinic about 6 patients per day
- teaching expectation (will likely have IM/FM resident accompanying them)
- possibly unrestricted night call during that time (does not need to stay in house, but must be within 30 min response time)
- Reason for opening: shortage of neurology physicians (1 currently)
- 50% over age 65; 32% age 45-64; 17% age 19-44 (Pediatrics is possible but very infrequent, most common consult diagnosis is seizures)
- 2 APP's on staff
- 1 nursing support on staff
- Lab onsite
- X-ray on site
- EMR: Cerner
- Level III Trauma
- Required neurology procedure: Brain Death exam
- 8-10 weeks credentialing timeframe
“Big City Medicine in a small town”
- MercyOne North Iowa promotes excellent work life balance supporting quality family time with 5-6 call days per month, one holiday per year, at home call available, and post call day off.
- Physician support before, during, and after each procedure
- All surgical procedures available, except transplants; limited pediatrics; support OB, Cath Lab, and ED.
- Opportunity to teach CRNA students
- Will not sponsor J1 candidates
- Please see attached practice description for additional details!
Highly Competitive Compensation/Benefits:
- Total package: $405,000; base salary: $325,000; commencement bonus: $50,000; loan repayment: $30,000/year.
- 34 days of time off, annually
- Annual CME allowance of $3,000
- Employer sponsored professional liability insurance & tail insurance coverage
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- 403(b) retirement program with employer contribution and employer matching; Optional 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Cost of Living for area is 24% lower than national average
Perfect Place to Raise a Family in a Beautiful Landscape:
- Centrally located in the middle of everywhere; within two hours of Minneapolis-St. Paul and Des Moines; Local airport with daily direct flights to Chicago.
- Top 10 Best States to Practice Medicine in, Forbes’ Best States for Business, and Money Rates; Best U.S. state for young adults.
- Cost of living 24% lower than the U.S. average.
- Tired of wasting hours each day behind the windshield? Enjoy a minimal commute-under a 10-minute drive to the hospital from anywhere in Mason City.
- Board Certified or Eligible (within 3 years of training) - REQUIRED
- Active IA license or IMLC - REQUIRED
- BLS, ACLS - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
ADDITIONAL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Open to IMLC candidate
ABOUT THE FACILITY
- MercyOne is the largest health care system in Iowa. We continue under the latest agreement between Trinity Health and CommonSpirit Health two of the nation’s largest not-for-profit health systems.
- On a local level, MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center is a 342 bed regional referral teaching hospital with a service area that spans 15 counties across northern Iowa and southern Minnesota, serving a population over 260,000 people. We offer ambulatory care through our Family Medicine Clinics (a primary care and specialty physician network), a home health agency, a hospice, a regional referral laboratory, regional rehabilitation and diagnostic technology services, pharmacies, an emergency services network with air medical and a variety of other health care services. With most of our specialty services all conveniently located under one roof, there is little to no need to transfer care to another location. Our vast and exceptional specialties include, but are not limited to, cancer care, cardiology, cardio thoracic surgery, gastroenterology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, otolaryngology, plastic & reconstructive surgery, pulmonology, rheumatology, vascular and wound services.
- We are a regional Graduate Medical Education facility with Internal Medicine Residency, Family Medicine Residency, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology Fellowship and Palliative Care Fellowship programs. MercyOne North Iowa holds management agreements with seven rural primary care hospitals, making us the premier rural health care delivery network in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.