Neonatology PA in Elmira, NY (Perm)
Elmira, NY 14905 US
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a full-time experienced Physician Assistant to join our team at Arnot Ogden Medical Center (AOMC) in scenic Elmira, New York.
- Ideal candidates will be strong clinicians who work well in teams, adhere to evidence-based clinical guidelines, and provide high quality care.
- As the only regional perinatal center in the market, AOMC offers comprehensive women's health services including MFM services and a Level III NICU
- PAs provide 24-hour, in-house coverage, as well as transport call, attend high risk deliveries and assess critically-ill newborns in the NICU.
- Services include conventional ventilation and HFOV. Excellent nursing support, along with a range of pediatric sub-specialty support, are available to our physicians for consults and in-house services.
- 20-bed, Level-III NICU, averaging 1,500 deliveries/year with almost 300 NICU admissions and a daily census between 13-15.
- Approximately 15-20 percent of our admissions are transports from referring hospitals that serve surrounding counties.
- Conveniently situated about 20 minutes from the desirable suburb of Corning and 45 minutes from Cornell University
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability options
- Advanced and continuing education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance**
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Board Certified
- New York
- Master's Degree, Completed a Neonatal PA training program and/or have current Neonatal PA experience
Arnot Ogden Medical Center is a 266-bed tertiary medical center and the flagship hospital of Arnot Health, a regional non-profit health system formed in 2011 from the merger of AOMC and St. Joseph’s Hospital. The health system serves the region through three hospitals plus other long-term care centers, rehabilitation facilities and local physician offices.
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
About the Community:
Elmira is geographically situated near the New York-Pennsylvania state border and is approximately equidistant from Boston, Montreal, Washington D.C. and Cleveland, and is only 80 miles from Rochester, NY. The area is located at the southern end of the Finger Lakes Region, an area renowned for its beauty and wines. Respected Cornell University is easily accessible and the adjacent community of Corning offers sought-after residential living and excellent R&D jobs at the Forbes 500 corporate headquarters of Corning Inc. Residents enjoy access to horseback riding and hiking trails, downtown river views at Mark Twain Riverfront Park, paddleboat and carousel rides on Eldridge Lake, and tons of outdoor fun at the city’s annual Taste of Downtown and Street Painting Festival. As the weather turns colder, the winter wonderland of upstate NY comes alive with skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling and ice fishing.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.