Neonatologist in Elmira, NY (Perm)
Elmira, NY 14905 US
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified Neonatologist to join our team at Arnot Ogden Medical Center (AOMC) in scenic Elmira, New York.
• Ideal candidates will be strong clinicians who work well in teams, adhere to evidence-based clinical guidelines, and provide high quality care.
• Block scheduling is used, and physicians can live outside the area if needed.
• As the only regional perinatal center in the market, AOMC offers comprehensive women's health services including MFM services and a Level III NICU
• NNPs provide 24-hour, in-house coverage, as well as transport call, attend high risk deliveries and assess critically-ill newborns in the NICU.
• Services include conventional ventilation and HFOV. Excellent nursing support, along with a range of pediatric sub-specialty support, are available to our physicians for consults and in-house services.
• 20-bed, Level-III NICU, averaging 1,500 deliveries/year with almost 300 NICU admissions and a daily census between 13-15.
• Approximately 15-20 percent of our admissions are transports from referring hospitals that serve surrounding counties.
• Conveniently situated about 20 minutes from the desirable suburb of Corning and 45 minutes from Cornell University
Compensation and Benefits: Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement. The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
• Salary range is $235,000-$245,000
• Bonus opportunities for years 1, 2, and 3
• Relocation assistance
• Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
• 401(k) with annual matching program
• Advanced and continuing medical education
• Leadership training and advancement opportunities
• Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
• Professional liability insurance
• Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED AT NAME CLEAR UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE.
• Board Certified - REQUIRED
• COVID Vaccinated - REQUIRED
• NY State license - REQUIRED
By submitting your applicant to this need you are acknowledging that you have checked and have no inclination that your candidate has applied directly to this position. Any candidate that has applied directly is not eligible to be onboarded through an agency.
• Board Certified
State License Requirements
• New York
About the Facility
About the Arnot Ogden Medical Center:
Arnot Ogden Medical Center is a 266-bed tertiary medical center and the flagship hospital of Arnot Health, a regional non-profit health system formed in 2011 from the merger of AOMC and St. Josephs Hospital. The health system serves the region through three hospitals plus other long-term care centers, rehabilitation facilities and local physician offices.
About the Community:
Elmira is geographically situated near the New York-Pennsylvania state border and is approximately equidistant from Boston, Montreal, Washington D.C. and Cleveland, and is only 80 miles from Rochester, NY. The area is located at the southern end of the Finger Lakes Region, an area renowned for its beauty and wines. Respected Cornell University is easily accessible and the adjacent community of Corning offers sought-after residential living and excellent R&D jobs at the Forbes 500 corporate headquarters of Corning Inc. Residents enjoy access to horseback riding and hiking trails, downtown river views at Mark Twain Riverfront Park, paddleboat and carousel rides on Eldridge Lake, and tons of outdoor fun at the citys annual Taste of Downtown and Street Painting Festival. As the weather turns colder, the winter wonderland of upstate NY comes alive with skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling and ice fishing.
Meet Your Recruiter
Erin Eccles joined Wapiti Medical Staffing in October 2021. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurial Studies and a Marketing minor from South Dakota State University.
Erin and her husband, Justin, have three children. She enjoys spending her time cooking & baking, working on home renovations, being outside with her family, and watching the Minnesota Vikings.