Neonatologist for Akron, OH (Perm)
Akron, OH 44223 US
Pediatrix is seeking a full-time BC/BE neonatologist to join our team!
The practice covers 3 locations, all with NNP support, and no well-baby coverage.
- Akron Children’s Hospital is a 75 bed, Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with all single patient rooms
- Summa Akron City Hospital is a 21 bed, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with Neonatal and Perinatal services
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General is a 17 bed, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with Neonatal and Perinatal services
The candidate will be joining a group that makes up ten Neonatologists. All three sites have 24/7 NNP coverage and neonatologists take in-house call. Additional responsibilities include teaching pediatric residents, NNPs, medical students and allied health professionals. Clinical research infrastructure exists, and participation is strongly encouraged. All practice sites are affiliated with the local medical school, Northeastern University College of Medicine (NEOMED), and neonatologists are members of their clinical faculty. Area has multiple colleges and universities within 30 minutes driving distance. Many excellent public and private school systems exist in the area. The area has unique attribute of having availability of access to all cultural, entertainment, sports, and recreational facilities of major metropolitan city of Cleveland while free of the hustle and bustle and having a small-town feel. Combined with low cost of living, Akron is a wonderful place to raise a family while living a low-stress life. The Neonatology group has very low turnover and high sustainability.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- BC or BE- Required
- Covid vaccination - REQUIRED
- Active OH license
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 2 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.