Neonatologist Physician for Newport News, VA (Perm)
Newport News, VA 23602 US
Rare coastal mid-Atlantic opportunity within an hours drive to the beautiful Atlantic Ocean
Pediatrix has an exciting opportunity for a BC/BE neonatologist to join our 3 physician and 2 NNP practice at Mary Immaculate Hospital in Newport News, VA.
- 8-bed Level 3A NICU and active newborn service support with 1800 deliveries a year and growing
- Responsibilities include prenatal consults, NICU coverage, newborn coverage and delivery attendance
- Coverage model includes both in-house and at-home call supporting our team of experienced neonatal nurse practitioners and physicians’ assistants
- Each neonatologist will cover 1/3 of the shifts each month, splitting in-house and at-home call allowing for a flexible schedule and balanced lifestyle
- Opportunities abound for quality improvement projects, administrative positions and regional collaboration, inviting your involvement in change.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- BE/BC - REQUIRED
- Covid Vaccinated - REQUIRED
- VA state license - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
About the Facility
Mary Immaculate is part of Bon Secours Mercy Health System, one of the largest neonatology service providers in the Mid-Atlantic. It also covers St. Marys Hospital, St. Francis Medical Center, Memorial Regional Medical Center, and Southside Regional.
About the Location
The Tidewater region of Virginia offers unparalleled coastal living and close proximity to the Historic Triangle (Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Jamestown) and Richmond. Residents enjoy an outstanding climate with a mild change of seasons, natural beauty and world-class attractions. The broad recreational opportunities offered by the James and other rivers, the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean add to this areas allure as a unique place to live, work and play. Whether you prefer to spend your free time boating on the ubiquitous waterways, sunning on the bay or the ocean, dining in Williamsburg or Richmond, or skiing at a world-class resort, your destination is either just across town or an easy drive away. The area is served by an international airport for more distant destinations. Southeast Virginia enjoys a strong network of public and private schools, career institutions and highly respected undergraduate and graduate colleges, including the College of William & Mary, Old Dominion University and Christopher Newport University. Two of our public school districts rank 4th and 5th in a state that ranks in top 12 in the US!. Despite all this Virginia affords its residents a surprisingly generous standard of living, with home prices a mere tick above the national average.
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.