Neonatologist Harrisonburg, VA (Perm)
Harrisonburg, VA 22801 US
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified Neonatologist to join our expanding practice at Sentara Rockingham Memorial Hospital in Harrisonburg, VA. This is a Level 2 opportunity in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.
• 6-bed Level II special care nursery with 24-hr shifts, block scheduling, and a flexible out-of-house call schedule with plans underway to expand services
• Collaboration between pediatric hospitalists and neonatologists, who work as a team to cover the newborn nursery and provide family-centered quality healthcare
• Sub-specialty support available
• Ability to participate in CQI and clinical research projects
• Opportunity to exchange best practices and ideas with the several thousand Pediatrix providers working across more than 400 NICUs
• Open to commuters
• Not accepting Locums candidates
Compensation & Benefits:
• Competitive salary range based on experience and training to be discussed at interview. Provider may submit salary expectations with presentation.
• Health Insurance including prescription drugs
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Short- and Long-Term disability options
• Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
• 401k with company match**
• Long Term Care (LTC)
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
• Identity Protection
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED AT NAME CLEAR UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE.
• Board Certified in Pediatrics: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine - REQUIRED
• VA license (or willing to obtain) - REQUIRED
By submitting your applicant to this need you are acknowledging that you have checked and have no inclination that your candidate has applied directly to this position. Any candidate that has applied directly is not eligible to be onboarded through an agency.
• Board Certified
State License Requirements
About the Facility
About the Sentara RMH Medical Center:
Sentara RMH Medical Center is a 238-bed, not-for-profit community hospital located in the beautiful and historic Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. For over 100 years, SRMH has been delivering advanced medical care to its seven-county service area with a population close to 225,000. In 2010, SRMH opened its new, state-of-the-art hospital, located on a 254-acre site overlooking the Massanutten mountain range. Sentara RMH Medical Center continues to grow in its rankings among the nations "Best Hospitals" with U.S. News & World Report, moving from 15th to 9th in the state.
About the Community:
Harrisonburg is a historic town in the Shenandoah Valley that offers a low cost of living paired with terrific outdoor recreation and a thriving arts community. Residents and visitors enjoy a wide range of attractions. Hike, fish, or paddle in Shenandoah Valley's vast playground, or explore the historic downtown district - no car required. Harrisonburg has been designated as one of the top ten mountain bike towns in America by National Geographic and listed by Southern Living as one of the affordable towns we love.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.