NP/PA Psychiatrist Float - Grand Rapids, MI (Perm)
Grand Rapids, MI 49548 US
Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services is hiring a Perm NP or PA (FLOAT) in the Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) to begin ASAP!
Pine Rest is searching for the right provider to quickly fill this position due to two new program launches.
- One mandatory weekend per month on an inpatient unit or urgent care clinic with extra pay
- Forty (40) hours per week of psychiatric care services for adult patients requiring inpatient or partial hospitalization level of care
- Provides coverage for other providers on leave across multiple units
- Float position requires flexibility and adaptability to work with different patient populations and diverse interdisciplinary teams
- Weekday coverage includes subsequent care visits and discharges
- 8-12 patient visits per day
- APP works in close collaboration with Psychiatrist, Social Workers, and Activity Therapists
- Weekday coverage also includes, but is not limited to:
- Treatment Team meetings
- Meetings with the unit manager, other staff, family, and guardians
- Other similar duties required in coverage of the partial hospitalization program
- Required to work one weekend a month on an inpatient unit – with extra pay
- No night calls
- Complete documentation following Division requirements:
- Subsequent care visits within twenty (20) hours of date seen
- Discharges within 3 days from date of discharge
- Signed charts upon completion
- Employee Citizenship meetings:
- Division and Department meetings
- Clinical Medical Staff meetings
- Medical Staff committee meetings
- Administrative meetings with managers
- Open to new-graduate applicants
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation up to $170000 including potential quality and productivity bonuses, call and weekend work (additional details to be discussed at interview).
- Opportunities to make quarterly productivity bonuses and annual quality bonuses
- 31 days of paid-time-off and 5 CME days annually
- Allowance of $1,500 towards CME activities
- Full complement of benefits, including health and retirement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Board Certified PA or NP (ANCC or AANP) – REQUIRED
- Licensed in State of MI - REQUIRED
- Active DEA License - REQUIRED
- BLS - REQUIRED
- Locums work history to be included on current CV - REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE)
- References to be included on current CV - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
ABOUT THE FACILITY
- About Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services
- For over a hundred years, Pine Rest has been a leader in West Michigan with a singular unwavering focus: improving the mental health of our community. If you have a passion for helping people at their lowest point, either directly or indirectly, we have a place for you on our growing team.
- Pine Rest is a clinician-led, world-class behavioral healthcare hub offering the full continuum of care from our 220-acre main campus, which includes a state-of-the-art psychiatric urgent care center and a soon-to-be-built pediatric behavioral health center, plus outpatient locations and telehealth services throughout Michigan.
- Pine Rest is committed to developing staff and will help pay for schooling and support your career advancement. Many of our staff started as psychiatric technicians and are now working as therapists, nurses or managers. Others choose to work in IT, finance, marketing or administration. Even several of our executive team started as psychiatric technicians to provide clinical excellence and world-class care for everyone they serve.
- At Pine Rest, you’ll be part of a tight-knit team, working in a true healing environment and be able to witness the impact of your efforts first-hand, every day. In a recent employee survey, our staff overwhelmingly said that their coworkers and managers make Pine Rest a great place to work!
- If you are looking for a place where you can find your purpose, make a true difference in people’s lives, work with amazing colleagues and continue to grow your own career, Pine Rest is a place you can be part of something bigger.
- Pine Rest was selected as one of Michigan’s Best and Brightest in Wellness in 2022. The program highlights companies and organizations that promote a culture of wellness, as well as those that plan, implement and evaluate efforts in employee wellness.
Why Pine Rest?
- 3rd largest free standing Mental Health Provider in the country and growing.
- 100+ and a growing number of psychiatrists who work in collaboration with Advanced Practice Professionals and Social Workers
- 200+ inpatient psychiatry beds. (120 adult, 60 pediatric and 10 flex)
- Subspecialty inpatient units (Dual Diagnosis, Older Adult, Higher functioning population, Pediatric)
- Broad Continuum of services that include robust Partial Hospitalization, Mother-Baby Partial Hospitalization Program, Detox, Residential and Outpatient Programs.
- A busy Neuromodulation Program which provides ECT and TMS.
- Psychiatric Urgent Care Clinic housed with the hospital.
- An organization that takes up challenges – opened an inpatient psychiatry unit for COVID+ patients.
- Teaching Hospital
- Highly regarded Psychiatry Residency Program
- Psychiatry Fellowship programs – Addictions, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, and (upcoming) Forensics
- Opportunities to teach medical students, residents, and fellows
- Opportunities to participate in research
- Appointment to Michigan State University
- Support for Immigration, H1B VISA
- Multiple CME opportunities on campus, through quality grand rounds
Pine Rest in the News
- 2nd largest metro area in Michigan
- Many state parks and pristine beaches within 30-minute drive
- Amtrack runs to Chicago
- Grand Rapids (GRR) has international flights to Canada and direct flights to Florida, east coast, and west coast
- Vibrant art scene in Grand Rapids
- Top schools
- Thriving real estate market
- Area Overview
- Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce
- Experience Grand Rapids
- Pure Michigan
- GreatSchools.org – Grand Rapids
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.