Inpatient Psychiatrist in Davenport, IA (Perm)
Davenport, IA 52803 US
Genesis Medical Center's East and West Campuses in Davenport, Iowa are searching for a Psychiatrist (with option to step into leadership role) to join their team.
- Candidates must be Board Certified or Board Eligible (with plans to test) in Psychiatry
- Experience in treating patients ages 6 and up is preferred
- Leadership opportunity available if qualified and interested
- Not accepting Locums candidates
- Not accepting visa candidates
- Inpatient Psych (adult unit and adolescent unit), Hospital Consults, ER Consults
- Average Number of Patients Per Day: 5-12
- Total Number of Beds: 18 adults, 5 adolescents
- How Many Psychiatrists in Your Group? 1 part-time inpatient right now
- How Many Advanced Practice Providers Support Your Group? 2
- How Many Psychologists? Zero, inpatient
- Documentation System/EMR: Cerner
- Trauma Level/Designation III
- Referral/Transfer Protocol: University of Iowa, 40 minutes by car
- Safety/Security Measures in Place: security on each campus
- Required Treatment Disorders: Anxiety Disorders, Affective Disorders, ADD/ADHD, Personality Disorders, Eating Disorders, Developmental Disorders, Psychotic Disorders, Organic Disorders
- Required to have familiarity with Family Therapy, Restraint Application, Group Therapy, Pharmacotherapy, Seclusion therapy, Voluntary Commitments, ER
- Estimated Credentialing Timeframe: 60-90 days
- Competitive compensation model to be discussed at interview.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance - including prescription coverage
- Genesis wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Retirement plans
- Life insurance
- Liability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Professional development and continuing education resources/stipend
- Additional voluntary benefits
- Board Certified or Board Eligible (with plans to test) in Psychiatry - REQUIRED
- IA license (or willing to obtain) - REQUIRED
- Experience in treating patients ages 6 and up - PREFERRED
- State experience with conditions/treatments: Anxiety Disorders, Affective Disorders, ADD/ADHD, Personality Disorders, Eating Disorders, Developmental Disorders, Psychotic Disorders, Organic Disorders, Family Therapy, Restraint Application, Group Therapy, Pharmacotherapy, Seclusion therapy, Voluntary Commitments, ER - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
- Experience in treating patients ages 6 and up is preferred, Board Eligible candidates must have plans to test, Required conditions/treatments
Located in the heart of the Midwest along the banks of the Mighty Mississippi, minutes from the QC International Airport, Genesis is integrated throughout multiple communities, serving nearly 400,000 individuals.
The Quad Cities is a culturally diverse region with “big city” opportunities: excellent school districts, fine arts, and multiple college options to name a few. We are the home of the Quad City River Bandits if you want to catch a baseball game, and the home of the QC Storm, if hockey is your choice. We have over 20 golf courses to choose from in the warmer months and several ski resorts available by short drive if winter is your season of choice. The Quad Cities offers something for everyone!
About the Community:
Located along the banks of the Mississippi River, Davenport is a vibrant and progressive community that has been declared "The Most Livable Small City in America." We boast a thriving downtown and business-friendly environment, with a focus on development and revitalization. Please explore our website and our City's unique character, history, entertainment and business, appreciation for art and culture, shopping and civic service opportunities.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in February 2022. Prior to coming to Wapiti, Lisa spent over 21 years in Retail Pharmacy in multiple roles including Manager, CPhT and Compliance Officer. Some of her accolades include Diabetic Lifestyle Coach, Orthotic Shoe Fitter and ACHC Accreditation Specialist. Lisa was also the recipient of Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award by the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy.
Lisa is a mother of two adult children, Eric and Brooke, whom she is incredibly proud of. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY projects, drawing and painting, traveling both domestically and internationally, cooking, gardening and experiencing new adventures so she can continue to check things off her bucket list.