Hospitalist Physician for Montevideo, MN (Locum)
Montevideo, MN 56265 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a physician (MD or DO) for locum tenens hospitalist coverage in Montevideo, Minnesota.
Wapiti covers malpractice insurance, offers flexible scheduling, and provides travel assistance for locum assignments. Bring us your skills, experience, and passion. We’ll take care of the rest.
PHYSICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Physician (MD or DO) needed for locum tenens hospitalist coverage
- Shift options: 7am – 7am, 72- hour blocks available on the weekends; weekday coverage includes 1p -4p clinic duties
- Volume: Avg five (5) patients per day, 25 Inpatient Beds
- EMR: EPIC, Dictation by telephone into EMR
- Trauma level: IV
- Radiology, Telemedicine, Ancillary 24/7
- Typical timeline to credential: 30-60 days
- Minnesota medical license and DEA
- Must be board certified in IM and/or FM
- Residents are not accepted at this time
- ACLS life support certification required. NRP with PEDs is a plus, but not required
- Pediatrics experience is required
- Covid/Flu vaccination required. Covid exemptions may be filed.
ABOUT MONTEVIDEO, MINNESOTA
Montevideo, focal point of activity in the Prairie Waters region sits at the confluence of the Chippewa and Minnesota Rivers. That pleasant setting offers three major parks: Smith, Lagoon and Windom Park Recreation Area. It’s easy to see why ‘Monte’ (as the locals call it) is dubbed the “City of Parks”.
During Fiesta Days, held annually the third week in June, the citizens of Montevideo celebrate the relationship they’ve developed with their sister city, the South American city of Montevideo in Uruguay. A reminder of this international connection is the 11-foot-tall statue of Uruguay’s hero of independence, Jose Artigas, standing prominently in downtown Montevideo’s (MN) Artigas Plaza on Main Street…thousands of miles away from Uruguay.
In addition, the Montevideo calendar is filled with other attractions, events and activities like the Minnesota Valley Antique Farm Power and Machinery Association’s Annual Steam Threshing Show at Heritage Hill in August, an 18-hole golf course, car races, Medieval Madness Mini Golf, a disc golf course, community swimming and water slide, ice fishing, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling along 200 miles of groomed trails. The Minnesota River is one of the few canoe-able rivers in Southwestern Minnesota with the best canoeing occurring during high water time each spring. Learn more at https://prairiewaters.com/montevideo-2/
Meet Your Recruiter
Nicole Hanson joined Wapiti in July 2019. She has 12 years of customer service and sales experience.
Nicole and her husband (Duane) have lived in the Milbank area for 18 years with their 2 boys. Nicole enjoys gardening and spending time with family, especially with her grandson.