Hospitalist APP for Stevens Point, WI (Locum)
Stevens Point, WI 54482 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking an advanced practice provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) for locum tenens hospitalist coverage in Stevens Point and the nearby suburb of Plover, both located in central Wisconsin. The two facilities are 9 miles apart.
Wapiti covers malpractice insurance, offers flexible scheduling, and provides travel assistance for locum assignments. Bring us your skills, experience, and passion. We’ ll take care of the rest.
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT/NURSE PRACTITIONER DUTIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- PA or NP for locum tenens hospitalist coverage
- 12-hour day shift options running run 7am-7pm; flexible scheduling
- Stevens Point facility’ s average daily IP census is 45; Plover facility average daily IP census 3, max IP beds in that facility is 8
- Second coverage at the Stevens Point facility include 3 hospitalist physicians on day shift; no second coverage at the Plover facility
- APP will start the day at Stevens Point facility and work collaboratively with the hospitalist who is responsible for managing workflow and APP patient assignments; APP will work directly with the Hospitalist Medical Director in determining when to travel to Plover to round on inpatients.
- EMR: Epic, Dragon
- Trauma level: Plover facility is trauma level 4, Stevens Point facility is trauma level 3
- Typical timeline to credential is 45-90 days, dependent on when candidate submits all documents
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT / NURSE PRACTITIONER QUALIFICATIONS
- Wisconsin medical license and DEA
- Minimum of 1 year of hospitalist experience as an APP or 3 years of primary care experience as an APP
- Skillset and experience to work independently
- COVID vaccination or approved exemption required. Flu vaccine required
ABOUT STEVENS POINT, WISCONSIN
At the heart of the Wisconsin River Valley is Stevens Point (population 26, 000O, a riverside city that blends industry, academia, historic sites, and natural beauty. The Schmeeckle Reserve' s 280 acres of solitude make it a great place to enjoy nature, while the downtown historic district makes for a delightful walking tour. Learn more at https://stevenspoint.com/354/About-Stevens-Point.