Hem/Onc in Coos Bay, OR (Locum)
Coos Bay, OR 97420 US
Bay Area Hospital is looking for a Locum Oncology/Hematology provider to join their team!
DATES OF COVERAGE:
- ASAP, long term
- Functions as a member of the clinical patient care team performing tasks and procedures consistent with the training and licensure of a medical oncologist/hematologist
- EMR: EPIC
- Setting: Outpatient - Free standing cancer center
- Reason for Coverage: Physician retirement/relocations
- Schedule (Shifts and Hours): 4 or 5 days per week, 8:30a-4:30p, admin day or 1/2 day if needed
- Call Schedule: 7 days of call including one weekend, 1 in 4 rotation
- Call Ratio: 1:4
- Number of Physicians in Practice: 3 currently
- Trauma Level: 3
ADDITIONAL DETAILS/QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY CLIENT:
- What Percentage of the Practice is Hematology %, Oncology %, Internal Medicine %?: Most benign heme is referred out as we are focusing on getting new solid tumor diagnosis seen timely (within 1 week of referral). Demographics for this area are roughly 20% heme, 80% oncology.
- Will There be Radiation Oncologists Present During Locum Tenens Coverage? Yes
- How Many APPs Provide Coverage: 2 currently
- Average Number of Patients Per Day - OUTPATIENT (Clinic/Office)?: 10-15
- Average Number of Patients Per Day - HOSPITAL (Call/Rounding):? Only when patients are admitted for inpatient chemo.
- Estimated Credentialing Timeframe: 6-8 weeks
We recently built the Prefontaine Cardiovascular Center, and a new Wound Care Center, offering hyperbaric therapy. In July of 2015, the hospital completed the Bay Area Cancer Center, making sure families throughout the region have access to cutting-edge cancer treatment and related services. We also administer the Kids’ HOPE Center, a one-stop service for abused children.
Physicians, nurses, and technologists are on duty 24-hours a day to meet the medical and emergency needs of South Coast residents and visitors. Our highly skilled staff is involved in a constant process of professional educational opportunities to keep abreast of the latest medical innovations.
Modern technology has made diagnosis and treatment easier. New and expanded medical services include laser treatments, MRI, CT, PET, mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, laparoscopy, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, varicose vein treatment, advanced radiation therapy, and robotic-assisted surgery.
Bay Area Hospital is committed to quality health care. Proof of this commitment is our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.