Hem/Onc Physician - Wyoming, MI (Locum)
Wyoming, MI 49519 US
Physician candidate will be performing full spectrum of both hematology and oncology patient care, including but not limited of new patient referrals, established patients actively in treatment and follow up care. Candidate will need to coordinate and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure a positive experience for all patients, families, and staff.
- Comprehensive; multi-disciplinary oncology service line including network access to subspecialties including but not limited to Radiation Oncology, Neuro Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Health system employed medical group model, offering a highly market competitive and non-academic compensation plan
- Expansive Cancer Network serving much of the West Michigan region and Lake Michigan shoreline
- Extensive Primary Care referral network
- Full complement of ancillary support staff and programs; Infusion, Care Management, Social Work, Nurse Navigation, Nurse triage, Research, Clinical Trials Laboratory, Pharmacy
- Malpractice coverage
- Program marketing
- Partnering team of specialists
- Affiliation with the University of Michigan and access to the UM Rogel Cancer Center
- Outpatient clinic 8a-5p
- Evening On call schedule 5p-8a
- Ability to field daytime calls
- Weekend call requirements Friday 5p- Monday 8a
- Minimum two (2) weeks per month
- At minimum one (1) year commitment
- At least one (1) weekend per month of coverage
- Primarily outpatient clinic with addition of inpatient rounding assignment
- Inpatient rounding schedule built into normal day schedule
- No restriction on types of patients seen
- Able to accommodate high volume schedule and practice utilizing a 20/40-minute template; 17-20 patients per day
- Able to meet all privileging, credentialing, and payer enrollment requirements
- EMR:EPIC (Inpatient and outpatient)
- Board Certified/Board Eligible - REQUIRED
- Covid vaccination - REQUIRED
- MI state license - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
ABOUT THE FACILITY ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN HEALTH-WEST: University of Michigan Health-West serves more than 250,000 patients annually from across West Michigan – and beyond. In addition to a 208-bed hospital, which provides a comprehensive suite of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, University of Michigan Health-West has a growing number of neighborhood outpatient centers and offices throughout West Michigan. The University of Michigan Health Partners group aims to provide an innovative culture of inclusion and diversity in the work setting; along with a progressive work-life integration focus to achieve the best possible patient outcomes. Medical education is a key cornerstone to our continued innovation at UMHW, offering seven different residency programs and one fellowship program to over 80 learners. With more than 500 physicians on staff, University of Michigan Health-West provides a strategic roadmap of growth in all areas of the integrated healthcare system. Specifically, continued growth in our Heart and Vascular care, Neurosciences, Cancer Care and Orthopedics; partnered with continued growth of a very strong primary care team has allowed UMHW to become the premier healthcare institution in the region and a regional referral center for care. UMHP/UMH-West is proud to serve a diverse patient population; with that, the ideal candidate for this position would have experience working with culturally diverse patients and be fluent in any of the following languages: English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Nepali and Bosnian.
MISSION, VISION, VALUES and CUSTOMER PROMISE
• MISSION: We are relentlessly advancing health to serve West Michigan.
• VISION: Our innovations change care. Our care changes lives.
• VALUES: Our values reflect our heritage and the legacy of all we’ve accomplished in the past and will build in the future. Caring, innovation, inclusion, integrity, teamwork
• CUSTOMER PROMISE: I will bring compassion and excellence to everything that I do.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 2 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.