Geriatric Medicine in Woodlyn, PA (Perm)
Woodlyn, PA 19094 US
Trinity Health PACE and Mercy LIFE Kinder Park have an excellent full-time opportunity for a Board Certified Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, or Internal Medicine physician to join its Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) program located in Woodlyn, Pennsylvania.
Located within the Delaware County Housing Authority Senior Building, Mercy LIFE Kinder Park offers services to qualifying senior residents of the Kinder Park building as well as to seniors of the surrounding Delaware County Community. The new Mercy LIFE Kinder Park LIFE Center provides medical and social services for up to 250 seniors.
The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible. PACE serves individuals who are age 55 or older, certified by their state to need nursing home care, able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment and live in a PACE service area. While all PACE participants must be certified to need nursing home care to enroll in PACE, only about 7 percent of PACE participants nationally reside in a nursing home. If a PACE enrollee needs nursing home care, the PACE program pays for it and continues to coordinate the enrollee's care. We encourage fellowship and independence while serving seniors and their families with dignity and respect. Delivering all needed medical and supportive services, PACE is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic needs while maintaining their independence in their home for as long as possible.
- The schedule for this full-time opportunity is a traditional work week, Monday – Friday
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Health PACE (TH PACE) in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) TH PACE Values to all internal and external customers (participants, visitors, volunteers, and colleagues.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the office.
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TH PACE.
- Reflects the skills knowledge and abilities serving in the role of a leader. Define and share a strategy and vision; align resources toward achievement of organization results; grow and sustain the organization; identify, lead, and embrace change.
- Establish and/or maintain as a member of the leadership team a plan to achieve operating goals.
- Promote and maintain collaborative relationships with managers, peers, direct reports, and customers by effectively fostering a team environment, building consensus, and resolving conflicts.
- The physician provides primary medical care to participants, including assessment, development of a plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, provision of direct participant medical care, and evaluation of effectiveness of the plan of care; functions in a collegial relationship with the other health care professionals, making independent decisions regarding medical needs and health regimens; carries out medical procedures as indicated.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation
- EMR: TruChart
Mercy LIFE is a nationally recognized Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) providing comprehensive medical, health recreational and social services that are designed specifically for each person in an effort to promote independence at home. PACE has a 30-year track record of successfully helping elderly individuals remain at home while receiving medical and social services to assist them to live independently. Mercy LIFE has provided a community based long-term care program for frail elders who reside in South Philadelphia, since 2001 and began serving North Philadelphia in early 2009. Our program serves seniors with a range of health conditions that impact their daily life such as chronic illness, memory loss, difficulty providing personal care such as bathing and dressing, and more. Mercy LIFE’s team of professionals, who specialize in health care for seniors, evaluate the needs of each individual and develop a customized program of care. Mercy LIFE also operates Adult Day Centers, which offer a convenient location where the interdisciplinary care team of doctors, nurses, therapists, and social workers can provide preventive healthcare as well as observe and respond to changes in each senior’s health.
About the Community:
Woodlyn, Pennsylvania is a suburb of Philadelphia and is located within the southern section of Delaware County. Woodlyn has a population of just over 10,000 and is less than seven miles from the Philadelphia International Airport.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the fifth-most-populous city in the United States, and the core of the sixth-largest metropolitan area in the country.
Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the area boasts wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to historic Philadelphia with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums, and restaurants. Beaches, mountains, New York City and Washington DC are also just a short drive away.
Craving some fun in the fresh air and sunshine? Enjoy biking, fishing, hunting, horseback riding, golf and our many parks. The Countryside has more outdoor activities than you can shake a walking stick at including wine trails and even Appalachian trails, the possibilities are endless.
For more information on Philadelphia visit www.visitphilly.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.