Geriatric Medicine in West Springfield, MA (Perm)
West Springfield, MA 01089 US
Trinity Health PACE and Mercy LIFE of Massachusetts have an excellent full-time opportunity for a Board Certified Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Family Medicine physician to join its Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) organization located in West Springfield, Massachusetts. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced physician to join an exceptional PACE program!
The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible. PACE serves individuals who are age 55 or older, certified by their state to need nursing home care, able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment and live in a PACE service area. While all PACE participants must be certified to need nursing home care to enroll in PACE, only about 7 percent of PACE participants nationally reside in a nursing home. If a PACE enrollee needs nursing home care, the PACE program pays for it and continues to coordinate the enrollee's care. We encourage fellowship and independence while serving seniors and their families with dignity and respect. Delivering all needed medical and supportive services, PACE is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic needs while maintaining their independence in their home for as long as possible.
- The schedule for this full-time opportunity is Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. On average, there are seven (7) on-call days (evenings/weekends) with weekend telephone triage.
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Health PACE (TH PACE) in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) TH PACE Values to all internal and external customers (participants, visitors, volunteers, and colleagues.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the office.
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TH PACE.
- Reflects the skills knowledge and abilities serving in the role of a leader. Define and share a strategy and vision; align resources toward achievement of organization results; grow and sustain the organization; identify, lead, and embrace change.
- Establish and/or maintain as a member of the leadership team a plan to achieve operating goals.
- Promote and maintain collaborative relationships with managers, peers, direct reports, and customers by effectively fostering a team environment, building consensus, and resolving conflicts.
- Not accepting new grads. A minimum of one (1) year working with the frail or elderly population required.
- The physician provides primary medical care to participants, including assessment, development of a plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, provision of direct participant medical care, and evaluation of effectiveness of the plan of care; functions in a collegial relationship with the other health care professionals, making independent decisions regarding medical needs and health regimens; carries out medical procedures as indicated.
- EMR: TruChart
- Mercy LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) MA offers continuous, quality care to the elderly, allowing them the independence of living at home. Seniors who qualify for nursing home care alternatively have the option to receive comprehensive care from an interdisciplinary team of experts, all focused on improving participants’ health. At the center of Mercy LIFE MA is our LIFE Health Center where seniors receive clinical and rehabilitation therapy and build relationships with doctors, nurses and fellow participants – all under one roof. As a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), our multi-touch, integrative approach includes services free to those who qualify. Participants must be eligible for Medicaid, Medicaid and Medicare, or able to privately pay.
- We are proud to be a Trinity Health PACE program and a member of Trinity Health.
We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
As a mission-driven health ministry, we will become the recognized leader in improving the health of our communities and each person we serve. We will be known as the most trusted health partner for life.
- Core Values: Trinity Health is motivated by faith in a merciful God, and works to actualize that faith. We are guided by these core values:
- Reverence: We honor the sacredness and dignity of every person.
- Commitment To Those Who Are Poor: We stand with and serve those who are poor, especially those most vulnerable.
- Justice: We foster right relationships to promote the common good, including sustainability of Earth.
- Stewardship: We honor our heritage and hold ourselves accountable for the human, financial and natural resources entrusted to our care.
- Integrity: We are faithful to who we say we are.
- Safety: We embrace a culture that prevents harm and nurtures a healing, safe environment for all
- West Springfield is considered to be part of the Springfield-Hartford Knowledge Corridor.
- With easy access to the north–south Interstate 91, east–west Massachusetts Turnpike, and various freight railroads, West Springfield is sometimes called the "crossroads of New England".
- The Riverdale Road corridor is a major regional shopping center, with a number of "big box" retail stores and car dealerships, including the only Costco location in the Pioneer Valley.
- The Eastern States Exposition is a major seasonal employer.
- Western Massachusetts is home to some of the best restaurants in the state, many with locally sourced menus.
- Western Springfield and the surrounding areas contain several outdoor activities your family can safely enjoy.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.