Geriatric Medicine in Sharon Hill, PA (Perm)
Sharon Hill, PA 19079 US
Mercy LIFE of Pennsylvania, a member of Trinity Health, has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Geriatric Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine physician for its Sharon Hill location in Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania.
The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible. PACE serves individuals who are age 55 or older, certified by their state to need nursing home care, able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment and live in a PACE service area. While all PACE participants must be certified to need nursing home care to enroll in PACE, only about 7 percent of PACE participants nationally reside in a nursing home. If a PACE enrollee needs nursing home care, the PACE program pays for it and continues to coordinate the enrollee's care. We encourage fellowship and independence while serving seniors and their families with dignity and respect. Delivering all needed medical and supportive services, PACE is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic needs while maintaining their independence in their home for as long as possible.
- Under the supervision of the medical director in coordination of the executive director
- Provides primary medical care to participants, including assessment, development of a plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, provision of direct participant medical care, and evaluation of effectiveness of the plan of care.
- Functions in a collegial relationship with the other health care professionals, making independent decisions regarding medical needs and health regimens.
- Carries out medical procedures as indicated.
- Perform physical examinations, order and evaluate appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests, and record results in a systematic manner.
- Provide initial and ongoing participant assessments, care plan development, and implementation of care plan.
- Provide preventative health care and health promotion for participants.
- Educate participants and families regarding health maintenance and their chronic medical conditions, in cooperation with nursing staff.
- Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team and participate in the development of the comprehensive plan of care and ongoing monitoring of the participant’s health status. Maintain an active role in the interdisciplinary team process.
Mercy LIFE is a nationally recognized Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) providing comprehensive medical, health recreational and social services that are designed specifically for each person in an effort to promote independence at home. PACE has a 30-year track record of successfully helping elderly individuals remain at home while receiving medical and social services to assist them to live independently. Mercy LIFE has provided a community based long-term care program for frail elders who reside in South Philadelphia, since 2001 and began serving North Philadelphia in early 2009. Our program serves seniors with a range of health conditions that impact their daily life such as chronic illness, memory loss, difficulty providing personal care such as bathing and dressing, and more. Mercy LIFE’s team of professionals, who specialize in health care for seniors, evaluate the needs of each individual and develop a customized program of care. Mercy LIFE also operates Adult Day Centers, which offer a convenient location where the interdisciplinary care team of doctors, nurses, therapists, and social workers can provide preventive healthcare as well as observe and respond to changes in each senior’s health.
About the Community:
Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania is located in Southeastern Delaware County, Pennsylvania and has a population of 5,700. The borough is conveniently located for easy access to metropolitan Philadelphia with nearby Interstate highways and easy transportation by bus, trolley, and train. Philadelphia International Airport is just minutes away.
Sharon Hill has a rich heritage and is named for an estate known as “Sharon” which at one time comprised of almost 75 acres of the town, which covers .77 square miles. The estate was owned by Halliday Jackson, a Quaker, whose ancestors emigrated from Ireland in the early 1700s. Sharon Hill is an historic town in that most of the homes are more than 50 years old and many ar4e 75-100 years and over in age. There is a large mixture of single homes, as well as twin and row homes throughout the town. Sharon Hill is especially proud of their well-kept parts, playgrounds, and recreational areas, making the borough a desirable place to work, live and raise a family.
For more information on Sharon Hill visit: www.sharonhillboro.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.