Geriatric Medicine in Muskegon, MI (Perm)
Norton Shores, MI 49444 US
Trinity Health Medical Group has an excellent opportunity, situated along the Lake Michigan shoreline, for a Board Eligible/Board Certified Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician to join their Geriatrics team in Muskegon, MI.
Trinity Health Medical Group is a provider led, person centered, integrated network of health care excellence. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) opportunity to serve vulnerable older adults with the strong support of an interdisciplinary team.
- Monday – Friday schedule with rotating call by phone
- Visit length adequate to meet complex patient population
- Client is flexible to what they are looking to do as they have needs with outpatient and home-based primary care/long term care teams.
- APP providers are a large part of the Geriatric Care Team. The incoming candidate would also mentor/supervise these providers. The providers truly work as a team and have interdisciplinary meetings daily to review patients.
- Practice leadership that supports work/life balance
- Opportunity to teach residents, medical students, and fellows
- Future opportunities to expand into other aspects of geriatric clinical care
- Competitive compensation package (to be discussed at site visit) - Provider may submit salary expectations with presentation
- Recruitment bonus
- Starting bonus
- Student loan incentive
- Relocation assistance
- Generous paid time off program
- Full-time benefit package (Health, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Long- and Short-Term disability
- Malpractice insurance w/tail
- CME funds, licensure and professional membership support
- 403b with employer contribution & match
- Board Eligible (with expectation of being BC within 2 years) or Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine - REQUIRED
- Board Eligible (within 5 years of residency) or Board Certified in Geriatrics - PREFERRED
- Fellowship-trained in Geriatrics (to be completed prior to start) - PREFERRED
- MI license (or willing to obtain) - REQUIRED
- Experience working with the Geriatrics population - REQUIRED
- DEA - REQUIRED
- ACLS, BLS - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
- Experience with Geriatrics
Trinity Health Medical Group (THMG) is a multi-specialty physician network that employs more than 700 physicians and advanced practice professionals in Grand Rapids, Muskegon, Holland and the Lakeshore.
Our care model centers around the patient relationship within a Catholic faith-based setting, in which we become lifelong health partners with you and your family. We also encourage active patient involvement and provide a higher degree of accessibility than the average doctor.
We are Trinity Health, the nation's second-largest Catholic Health System.
Trinity Health BeRemarkable
Be Remarkable! Work in an organization that focuses on treating the whole person, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Every day at Trinity Health, we dedicate ourselves to be a transforming, healing presence in the communities we serve. The mission we all share is why we are here.
At Trinity Health, "Be Remarkable" is a call to action. It's how we live out our values, practice high quality medicine, and interact with each other and our patients with compassion every day. For patients seeking a provider, we hope it conveys peace of mind that their desires and needs come first.
Be a part of what's next!
For more information, please visit our Trinity Health Medical Group website.
About the Community:
Muskegon, Michigan was rated #13 in the Top Places for Physicians and Surgeons survey by GoodCall.com in 2015.
Muskegon offers a taste for every season. Summer’s warm weather creates the perfect backdrop of blue skies and bright sunshine, ideal for spending time on the beach. Winter’s crisp, clean air and deep snows offer powder-perfect snowboarding, sledding, skating and skiing. The vivid Spring greenery and spectacular Autumn colors, complimented by mild temperatures, enhance the ideal arena for biking, fishing, and golfing. In addition to the lush outdoor treasures, festivals, live theatre and musical entertainment, vibrant history and rich culinary experiences give a whole new reason to Experience the Lake Effect!
A torch has been lit in the Muskegon area, igniting a burst of new development, cultural opportunities and year-round recreation in a community that continues to evolve and excite. Muskegon is a region with a plan: to unite in successful enterprises, revel in stunning natural resources and amenities, support tourism and provide quality of life that includes a range of residential communities in safe, friendly neighborhoods.
The knowledge-based economy is buoyed by the inventive entrepreneurs bringing the latest in technology and advancement to the area, as well as business owners who are the backbone. They are supported by family-owned businesses and service jobs that cater to visitors who flock to West Michigan to enjoy one-of-a-kind shopping opportunities, pristine beaches, protected dunes and lush lakes and rivers.
Forbes magazine recently ranked Muskegon as #12 nationwide for culture and leisure venues among cities its size and Muskegon is the highest-ranking city in Michigan for job growth.
Located at the heart of the beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline, Muskegon County is just a short drive, flight, bus, or ferry ride from cities like Detroit, Milwaukee, and Chicago.
For more information on Muskegon, visit www.visitmuskegon.org
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.