Geriatric Medicine NP in Philadelphia , PA (Perm)
Philadelphia, PA 19139 US
Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long-term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible. Through PACE, today’s fragmented health care financing and delivery system comes together to serve the unique needs of each individual in a way that makes sense to the frail elderly, their informal caregivers, health care providers and policy makers.
Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities.
- The primary purpose of your job position is to provide primary medical management in collaboration with the PACE Organization (PO) Physician(s).
- Performs assessments in collaboration with the physician and as needed.
- Develops and implements appropriate plans of care to PO participants.
- Evaluates participant physical complaints and provides appropriate treatment.
- Provides participants and caregiver teaching and education.
- Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Provides daily oversight of PACE Organizations Clinic.
- Perform rounds in the POs contracted nursing homes.
- Regularly informs the IDT of the medical condition of each participant, remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participant’s caregivers, as well as documenting changes in a participant’s medical record consistent with documentation policies.
- Must be action-oriented, have business acumen, manage conflict well, be customer focused, have high decision, flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and have organizational agility. Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Possess interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users. Must be comfortable functioning in a virtual, collaborative shared leadership environment.
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills appropriate for audience comprehension. Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, that may be used either in an on-site or virtual environment is required. Able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups representing diverse perspectives.
- Comprehensive to expert proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system. Knowledge of systems necessary, experience preferred. Ability to type with speed and accuracy. Ability to use other software as required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision-making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization in line with mission, vision, and philosophy of Mercy LIFE.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to perform multiple duties and functions related to daily operations and maintain excellent customer service skills. Ability to perform frequent detailed tasks and provide immediate service with frequent interruptions. Ability to change and be flexible with work priorities. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and assimilate information from various on-site or virtual sources based on technical and experience-based knowledge. Must exhibit critical thinking skills and possess the ability to prioritize workload.
- EMR: TruChart
Mercy LIFE, is a nationally recognized Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) providing comprehensive medical, health recreational and social services that are designed specifically for each person in an effort to promote independence at home. PACE has a 30 year track record of successfully helping elderly individuals remain at home while receiving medical and social services to assist them to live independently. Mercy LIFE has provided a community based long-term care program for frail elders who reside in South Philadelphia, since 2001 and began serving North Philadelphia in early 2009. Our program serves seniors with a range of health conditions that impact their daily life such as chronic illness, memory loss, difficulty providing personal care such as bathing and dressing, and more. Mercy LIFE’s team of professionals, who specialize in health care for seniors, evaluate the needs of each individual and develop a customized program of care. Mercy LIFE also operates Adult Day Centers, which offer a convenient location where the interdisciplinary care team of doctors, nurses, therapists, and social workers can provide preventive healthcare as well as observe and respond to changes in each senior’s health.
Mercy LIFE West Philadelphia provides an experienced team of healthcare professionals who work closely with each participant to evaluate their individual needs and develop a customized program of care. Our Day Center offers a convenient location where an interdisciplinary care team of doctors, nurses, therapists, and social workers can provide preventive healthcare as well as observe and respond to changes in each senior’s health.
About the Community:
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the fifth-most-populous city in the United States, and the core of the sixth-largest metropolitan area in the country.
Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the area boasts wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to historic Philadelphia with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums and restaurants. Beaches, mountains, New York City and Washington DC are also just a short drive away.
Craving some fun in the fresh air and sunshine? Enjoy biking, fishing, hunting, horseback riding, golf and our many parks. The Countryside has more outdoor activities than you can shake a walking stick at including wine trails and even Appalachian trails, the possibilities are endless.
For more information on Philadelphia visit www.visitphilly.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.