General Surgeon w/ C-section for Charles City, IA (Locum)
Charles City, IA 50616 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a general surgeon with C-section experience for locum tenens coverage in Charles City, Iowa.
Wapiti covers malpractice insurance, offers flexible scheduling, and provides travel assistance for locum assignments. Bring us your skills, experience, and passion. We’ll take care of the rest.
SURGEON RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Locum tenens PRN coverage needed. Current staffing need is up to 10 days a month call coverage, usually long weekends, holiday coverage, vacation, CME coverage.
- No clinic, IP rounding for surgical consults to be expected
- Caseload includes C-sections, general surgery, laparoscopies, emergency cholecystectomies, appendectomies, EGDs, scopes, etc.
- Critical Access Hospital; Trauma Level IV
- EMR is Meditech Expanse
- Iowa Medical License
- Board certified general surgeon with c-section competency
- No residents accepted at this time
- Required life support certifications include ACLS and BLS
ABOUT CHARLES CITY, IOWA
Charles City is in northeast Iowa and is one of the most charming river towns in the Midwest. It offers unique history, art, outdoor adventures, foodie experiences, and luxury lodging in a fun little community. Charles City is conveniently located east of Mason City and Clear Lake, Iowa, which makes for a great day trip from Charles City along the Avenue of the Saints.
The attractions in Charles City include the Mooney Art Collection, Whitewater rafting, and historical and arts centers, just to name a few. Learn more at https://www.cityofcharlescity.org/.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in February 2022. Prior to coming to Wapiti, Lisa spent over 21 years in Retail Pharmacy in multiple roles including Manager, CPhT and Compliance Officer. Some of her accolades include Diabetic Lifestyle Coach, Orthotic Shoe Fitter and ACHC Accreditation Specialist. Lisa was also the recipient of Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award by the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy.
Lisa is a mother of two adult children, Eric and Brooke, whom she is incredibly proud of. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY projects, drawing and painting, traveling both domestically and internationally, cooking, gardening and experiencing new adventures so she can continue to check things off her bucket list.