General Surgeon for Litchfield, MN (Locum)
Litchfield, MN 55355 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a general surgeon for locum tenens coverage in Litchfield, MN located about an hour west of Minneapolis.
Wapiti covers malpractice insurance, offers flexible scheduling, and provides travel assistance for locum assignments. Bring us your skills, experience, and passion. We’ll take care of the rest.
GENERAL SURGEON RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- General surgeon needed for PRN locum tenens shifts; May consider an OBGYN w/ C-Section skills
- Family Practice OB is on-site to provide services until the time of the C-Section and will provide care to mother and baby after the C-Section. The surgeon is responsible for the C-Section and follow-up care regarding the C-Section specifically and only.
- General Surgeon will round on surgical patients
- Pass off system for the doctor coming on and off call is by phone call
- Support system includes an call surg tech, CRNA, surgical nurse, e-hospitalist, e-emergency, and on call family practice
- Shift options: Primarily weekend coverage needed running Fridays 5pm until Mondays 7am; additional PRN needs may be available during the week
- Facility if a Trauma Level IV and Acute Stroke Ready Hospital
- 130 births/year; Annual ER Volume: 4,800
- EMR: EPIC (CentraCare Version)
- Typical timeline to credential is 60-90 days
GENERAL SURGEON QUALIFICATIONS
- Minnesota medical license and DEA
- Must be board certified or eligible ABMS or ABPS
- Medical residents are not accepted at this time
- NRP life support certification required
ABOUT LITCHFIELD, MINNESOTA
Located in central Minnesota, Litchfield is just over an hour away from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Located on the shores of Lake Ripley, Litchfield is a diverse area with a rich history, unique attributes, and fun features to explore. Learn more at https://www.litchfieldmn.com/.
Meet Your Recruiter
Nicole Hanson joined Wapiti in July 2019. She has 12 years of customer service and sales experience.
Nicole and her husband (Duane) have lived in the Milbank area for 18 years with their 2 boys. Nicole enjoys gardening and spending time with family, especially with her grandson.