General Surgeon for Charles City, IA (Locum)
Charles City, IA 50616 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a general surgeon physician (MD or DO) for locum tenens coverage in Charles City, Iowa.
SURGEON RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Locum tenens PRN coverage needed. Current staffing need is up to 10 days a month call coverage, usually long weekends, holiday coverage, vacation, CME coverage.
- No clinic, IP rounding for surgical consults to be expected
- Caseload includes: general surgery, laparoscopies, emergency cholecystectomies, appendectomies, EGDs, scopes, etc.
- Critical Access Hospital; Trauma Level IV
- EMR is Meditech Expanse
- Iowa Medical License and DEA
- Board certified general surgeon
- Required life support certifications include ACLS, BLS and PALS (NRP is optional)
ABOUT CHARLES CITY, IOWA
Charles City is in northeast Iowa and is one of the most charming river towns in the Midwest. It offers unique history, art, outdoor adventures, foodie experiences, and luxury lodging in a fun little community. Charles City is conveniently located east of Mason City and Clear Lake, Iowa, which makes for a great day trip from Charles City along the Avenue of the Saints.
The attractions in Charles City include the Mooney Art Collection, Whitewater rafting, and historical and arts centers, just to name a few. Learn more at https://www.cityofcharlescity.org/.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa started with Wapiti in October 2023. In Lisa’s free time she enjoys, crocheting, volunteering, spoiling her two pups Chibbs and Jax and spending time with friends and family. Lisa and her husband Greg have 2 sons, Blake and Braydyn. Lisa was born and raised in Canton, SD and relocated to the Watertown area in 2009. Lisa brings with her to Wapiti decades worth of experience in the healthcare field.