General Medicine Physician for VES Exams in New York (Locum)
New York, NY . US
Veterans Evaluation Services (VES), a Maximus company, is a government contractor helping our nation Veterans. They're seeking General Medicine Providers to perform Compensation & Pension exams + Separation Health Assessments across the country.
Looking for providers within the following cities:
• Syracuse, NY - Own office or VES office available
• Jamestown, NY - Own office required - Must be within 50 miles
• ASAP - ongoing
• Block-time availability is preferred but willing to accept providers with sporadic availability - will be on an as-needed basis.
• Willing to accept these specialties: family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, etc, or anyone with a background in general medicine, or experience with compensation and pension.
• Two (2) options listed above - Travel and perform exams at VES leased facility and/or schedule Veterans within your own practice (noted above what is allowed)
• Option to work ½ days and/or full days
• One-Time non-treatment C&P exams + separation health assessments
• Exams are primarily interview-based with some physical assessment: range of motion testing, muscle strength testing.
• No prescribing, no treatment
• Quick credentialing & onboarding
• DMA certification available (can get CME credits) - will need to obtain once privileged if not already certified
• Use of Goniometer required
• Familiar with Musculoskeletal, Diabetes, and Cardio required
• Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions.
• Own personal laptop (NO MACs)
• Training shall be provided for all Reporting/Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs)
• Reporting/DBQs must be submitted within 48 hours upon exam completion - no narrative report. End product is completion of standardized form(s).
• Evaluations to be completed in VES's provider portal
• Record review is required in most cases
• Follow up administrative work will be required on a regular basis (addendums, medical opinions, and reading diagnostics)
Rate breakdown and travel reimbursement caps (if applicable):
• one time bonus of $650 for completing all required training
• Mileage - IRS Standard Rate (not to be used with rental car - for personal vehicles only)
• Please note if has own office or would like to use per diem office - keep in mind the requirements per city as well please
• Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions - Required
• Own a laptop (no Mac/Apple products) - Required
• Must be willing to wear a mask during all visits - Required
• Previous compensation and pension evaluation experience - Highly Preferred
• Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible within 0-3 years of residency - Required
• Active and unrestricted full license - Required
• Note if provider is DMA Certified on submissions, and if yes, when did they get certified
• Note where providers are traveling from - CV needs current home address listed
• Note which location provider is interested in
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 2 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.