General Medicine Physician for VES- Texas (Locum)
Houston, TX 77008 US
Looking for providers within the following cities:
- Alpine - Own office required
- Amarillo - Own office required - Must be within 25 miles
- Del Rio - Own office required
- Midland - Own office required
- Nacogdoches - VES office OR own office
- San Angelo - Own office required - Must be within 30 miles
- Wichita Falls - Own office required
- ASAP - ongoing
- Willing to accept providers with sporadic availability - will be on an as-needed basis.
- Willing to accept these specialties: family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, etc, or anyone with a background in general medicine, or experience with compensation and pension.
- Two (2) options listed above - Travel and perform exams at VES leased facility and/or schedule Veterans within your own practice (noted above what is allowed)
- Option to work ½ days and/or full days
- One-Time non-treatment C&P exams + separation health assessments
- Exams are primarily interview-based with some physical assessment: range of motion testing, muscle strength testing.
- No prescribing, no treatment
- Quick credentialing & onboarding
- DMA certification available (can get CME credits)
- Use of Goniometer required
- Familiar with Musculoskeletal, Diabetes, and Cardio required
- Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions.
- Own personal laptop (NO MACs)
- Training shall be provided for all Reporting/Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs)/Independent Medical Opinion (IMOs)
- Reporting/DBQs/IMOs must be submitted within 48 hours upon exam completion - no narrative report. End product is completion of standardized form(s).
- Evaluations to be completed in VES's provider portal
- Record review is required in most cases
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 2 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.