General Medicine Physician for VES- Alabama (Locum)
ALABAMA, AL 35242 US
Looking for providers within the following cities:
- Dothan - per diem available- must be within 50 miles!
- Anniston - own office required
- Florence, AL - own office required
- Pay Rate:
- $550 Half (1-4 hours)
- $1,100 Full (4-8 hours)
- Bill Rate:
- ?$800 Half
- $1,600 Full
- ASAP - ongoing
- Willing to accept providers with sporadic availability - will be on an as-needed basis.
- Willing to accept these specialties: family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, etc, or anyone with a background in general medicine, or experience with compensation and pension.
- Two (2) options listed above - Travel and perform exams at VES leased facility and/or schedule Veterans within your own practice (noted above what is allowed)
- One-Time non-treatment C&P exams + separation health assessments
- Exams are primarily interview-based with some physical assessment: range of motion testing, muscle strength testing.
- No prescribing, no treatment
- Quick credentialing & onboarding
- DMA certification available (can get CME credits)
- Use of Goniometer required
- Familiar with Musculoskeletal, Diabetes, and Cardio required
- Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions.
- Own personal laptop (NO MACs)
- Training shall be provided for all Reporting/Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs)/Independent Medical Opinion (IMOs)
- Reporting/DBQs/IMOs must be submitted within 48 hours upon exam completion - no narrative report. End product is completion of standardized form(s).
- Evaluations to be completed in VES's provider portal
- Record review is required in most cases
- Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions - Required
- Own a laptop (no Mac/Apple products) - Required
- Must be willing to wear a mask during all visits - Required
- Previous compensation and pension evaluation experience - Highly Preferred
- Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible within 0-3 years of residency - Required
- Active and unrestricted full license - Required
- Note if provider is DMA Certified on submissions, and if yes, when did they get certified
- Note where providers are traveling from - CV needs current home address listed
- Note which location provider is interested in
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 2 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.