Family Medicine in Plymouth, IN (Perm)
Plymouth, IN 46563 US
Primarily responsible to assess, evaluate and treat patients in the hospital/medical office setting, under the supervision and collaboration of a physician, by using advanced knowledge and skill to identify abnormal conditions, diagnose health problems, develop and implement treatment plans, evaluate patient outcomes, and collaborate with or refer to a physician in the hospital/medical practice for further care management.
1. The selected Candidate will see patients of a variety of ages.
2. Basic laboratory services are available and basic procedures may be performed.
3. Must adhere to the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
4. May be required to maintain active membership status on the medical staff of SJHS-SB and/or SJHS-Ply.
5. Actively demonstrates the organizations mission and core values and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
6. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
7. Performs complete, accurate history and physical assessment/examination as appropriate for patient setting/type of visit.
8. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests and accurately, communicates results to patient, completes all documentation, adhering to compliance standards for documentation, coding/billing and collaborative supervision.
Reports abnormal findings to collaborative/supervising physician.
9. Prescribes appropriate treatment, pharmacological agents and/or other non-pharmacological interventions. Completes simple and complex procedures independently. Reports adverse patient responses to collaborative/supervising physician.
10.Provides direct patient and family education regarding patient medical condition/disease process, treatment methodologies, outcomes management, wellness and prognosis.
11. Determines the effectiveness of patient care plans, treatment and interventions through reassessment and modifies as necessary to achieve patient health status goals. Reports significant plan changes to collaborative/supervising physician.
12. Responsible for communication with physician regarding variations from normal and evaluation of patient outcomes. Collaborates with physician and other members of health care team to provide individualized plan of care. Delegates care within scope of practice.
13. Participates in medical record, patient care, quality assurance, process improvement and compliance audits, evaluations and follow-up.
14. Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness in handling schedule coverage and service excellence.
15. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job, effective operation of medical practice and access/delivery of care to patients as directed.
• Competitive salary range in line with MGMA standards.
• Malpractice paid by corporation, including tail insurance.
• Health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance/retirement benefits.
• 27 days off per year; 7 holidays; 5 days and $3,000 for CME.
• $3,000 per year for professional journals, dues, and memberships.
• Student loan assistance available.
• Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy.
• Board Certified or Board Eligible within 5 years - REQUIRED
• Due to COVID related
staffing shortages, Epic knowledge is REQUIRED
• BLS, ACLS, DEA - REQUIRED before starting assignment, must be willing to obtain
• Active IN license - HIGHLY PREFERRED
• Must have proof of COVID-19 Vaccine - REQUIRED
• Board Certified
• Board Eligible
State License Requirements
About the Facility
Saint Joseph Health System continues the legacy of caring for Michiana begun by the Sisters of the Holy Cross and the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ more than 150 years ago. Saint Joseph Health System is a Regional Ministry Organization of Trinity Health that provides compassionate, faith-based care paired with the latest in advanced medical technology and procedures.
In addition to acute-based hospital care, we are proud to provide a wide range of community-based and post-acute services including: community wellness, physical rehabilitation, home care, physician clinics, outpatient services, independent and assisted senior living, memory care and affordable senior apartments.
At Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.