Family Medicine Physician for Baker, MT (Perm)
Baker, MT 59313 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a Family Medicine physician (MD or DO) for a permanent n Baker, Montana. Baker is located in eastern Montana near the North Dakota and South Dakota borders.
PHYSICIAN DUTIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Family Medicine Physician for permanent position. Duties include clinic with ER and IP call (minimal inpatient responsibilities)
- Clinic hours are 8a-5p with APP support available; 1:8 call, which is typically light
- Average 10 patients per day in the clinic and 3-4 ER pts per day.
- 25 bed critical access hospital
- Typical timeline to credential is 60 days
- Salary with sign on bonus. Comprehensive benefits, flex insurance etc. 10 days for CME that is paid. All license fees, dues and subscriptions covered. 10 days off per month. Relocation package available.
- Montana medical license
- Must be board certified
- Required life support certifications include ATLS, ACLS, and PALS
ABOUT BAKER, MONTANA
Baker (population 1,800) is located in eastern Montana near the North Dakota and South Dakota borders. Baker is at the edge of the badlands and is equal distance between Billings, MT, Rapid City, SD or Bismarck, ND. No matter which direction you look in Baker, you will see stretches of scenery painted with golden fields and sandstone, arched horizon to horizon with the big, beautiful, blue sky. Drive 25 miles south of Baker to see Medicine Rocks State Park. You'll understand why dinosaur bones have been found near Baker when you see the honey-combed sandstone rock formations, carved by time, water, and wind. The Montana Fish Wildlife and Park campground at the park is open year round and offers camping for trailers up to 20 feet. Let your mind wander; you can imagine how the Indians lived, or what hardships the first explorers, trappers, and settlers must have faced.
O'Fallon Historical Museum in Baker will fill in the details that your imagination may have left out. The story of fashion is exhibited on mannequins wearing clothes and accessories of the past. The full-size taxidermy mount of the 3,980-pound steer, Montana, dwarfs visitors who come to view him. Volunteers will give you directions to one of the many tipi rings in the area, or point out to you the wagon ruts left by some of the original wagon trains that came through Montana. Baker offers a variety of year-round activities including: fishing at Baker Lake; hunting for deer, antelope, pheasants, wild turkeys and rabbits; snowmobiling and cross-country skiing. Learn more at https://southeastmontana.com/community/baker.
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.