ER Physician for Spencer, IA (Locum)
Spencer, IA 51301-4342 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a physician (MD or DO) for locum tenens Emergency Department coverage in Spencer, located in northwestern Iowa near the South Dakota border.
PHYSICIAN DUTIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Physician (MD or DO) for locum tenens ER coverage in Spencer
- 12 hours maximum shift; available dates include weekdays and weekends; flexible schedule
- ER Volume 8,500 annual (24/Day)
- Trauma level is IV
- EMR is Meditech Expanse, Dictation Dragon
- Iowa medical license and DEA/CSA
- Must be board certified in Emergency Medicine (EM) or Family Medicine (FM); specialty boards are accepted
- Prefer candidates who have at least one full year of experience in a busy ER setting with comparable volume
- Not currently accepting residents
- Required life support certifications include ATLS, ACLS, PALS, and BLS (ATLS waived if ABEM)
- COVID vaccination or exemption required
ABOUT SPENCER, IOWA
Spencer, Iowa is located in northwestern Iowa near the South Dakota border and has a population of 11,000. It’s historic downtown features the largest and most diverse collection of 1930s Art Deco architecture in the Midwest. Enjoy museums, live theater, camping, hunting, fishing, biking, and the "World's Greatest County Fair." Learn more at https://www.traveliowa.com/cities/spencer-iowa/183/.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in February 2022. Prior to coming to Wapiti, Lisa spent over 21 years in Retail Pharmacy in multiple roles including Manager, CPhT and Compliance Officer. Some of her accolades include Diabetic Lifestyle Coach, Orthotic Shoe Fitter and ACHC Accreditation Specialist. Lisa was also the recipient of Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award by the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy.
Lisa is a mother of two adult children, Eric and Brooke, whom she is incredibly proud of. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY projects, drawing and painting, traveling both domestically and internationally, cooking, gardening and experiencing new adventures so she can continue to check things off her bucket list.