ER Physician for Mount Pleasant, IA (Locum)
Mt. Pleasant, IA 52641 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a physician (MD or DO) for locum tenens Emergency Department coverage in Mount Pleasant, located in the southeast corner of Iowa near the Missouri and Illinois borders.
PHYSICIAN DUTIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Physician (MD or DO) for PRN locum tenens shifts; ER with some inpatient duties (no rounding; ER physician may place tuck-in orders, as patient goes into inpatient care, to assist eHospitalist in the evening.)
- 12 hour shift options; may allow 24 hour maximum shift
- Annual volume: 8,800 (Approx. 24 patients in 24 hours)
- Trauma Level IV
- EMR: electronic T-sheets
PHYSICIAN (MD/DO) QUALIFICATIONS
- Iowa medical license and DEA/CSA
- Must be board certified or eligible; prefer Emergency Medicine (EM) Boarded; will accept FM, IM, and PEDS
- Will consider board eligible residents who have completed residency
- Required life support certifications include ATLS, ACLS, PALS (these are required by all physicians, even if ABEM/AOBEM, and must be an AHA approved course.)
- Experience with lines, procedure, intubation
- Covid/Flu Vaccinations required; will consider exemptions
ABOUT MOUNT PLEASANT, IOWA
Mount Pleasant (population 9,200) is located in the southeast corner of Iowa near the Missouri and Illinois borders. It is the site of the state’s first courthouse built in 1839. Mount Pleasant is now a distribution center and has diversified manufacturing, including the production of telecommunications equipment, bus bodies, metal fireplaces, and rubber hoses.
Mount Pleasant has a branch of Southeastern Community College and is the home of Iowa Wesleyan College. The Midwest Old Threshers Heritage Museums include a large collection of agricultural equipment, steam engines from the turn of the 20th century, and a collection of theatre props and memorabilia; associated with the museums is the annual Old Threshers Reunion (late August–early September). Nearby are Geode State Park (southeast) and Oakland Mills State Park. Learn more at https://www.britannica.com/place/Mount-Pleasant-Iowa.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in February 2022. Prior to coming to Wapiti, Lisa spent over 21 years in Retail Pharmacy in multiple roles including Manager, CPhT and Compliance Officer. Some of her accolades include Diabetic Lifestyle Coach, Orthotic Shoe Fitter and ACHC Accreditation Specialist. Lisa was also the recipient of Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award by the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy.
Lisa is a mother of two adult children, Eric and Brooke, whom she is incredibly proud of. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY projects, drawing and painting, traveling both domestically and internationally, cooking, gardening and experiencing new adventures so she can continue to check things off her bucket list.