ER Physician for Manning, Iowa (Locum)
manning, IA 51455 US
Job Title: Locum ER Physician Manning Iowa
We are seeking a dedicated Physician to join our team for a Locum position in the Emergency Room and Hospitalist departments. Please note that Physician Assistants (PAs) are not being considered for this role.
- **Annual Volume:** 1,000 patients
- **Second Coverage:** None required
- **Shift Options:** Flexible 12 hour shifts
- **EMR System:** Meditech
- **E-Avera:** Utilized in the Emergency Room
- **Trauma Level:** IV
- **State License(s):** Active license in Iowa (IA)
- **DEA/CSR:** IA DEA and CSA required
- **Covid/Flu Vaccination:** Covid vaccination is mandatory or exemption from Wapiti is required. A recent physical examination is also necessary, and we accept physicals completed by a Primary Care Physician (PCP) within the last four years or our provided form.
- Accepting candidates with board certification or eligibility in Emergency Medicine (EM), Family Medicine (FM), or Internal Medicine (IM).
- No residents will be considered for this role.
**Life Certifications Required:**
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) – None of these requirements can be waived for EM-boarded physicians.
**ATLS Substitution Policy:** We do not accept CALS (Critical Assessment Life Support) instead of ATLS certification.
**Procedures Logs:** Requirements for procedure logs are currently unknown.
- Mandatory Reporter’s Training for child and dependent adult abuse is necessary.
- Hourly Rate: $123/hour
- Additional $3/hour Malpractice Fee
- Hours per shift: 12 hours shifts 7 pm to 7 am
**Travel and Accommodations:**
- Air Travel: Not applicable – local candidates only
- Nearby Airports: Not applicable
- Mileage: Billable, limited to local travel within a 4-hour radius
- Vehicle Fleet or Rental: Not applicable – local travel only
- Lodging/Accommodations: Provided
**CV Presentation and Interview Details:**
- CV submission required
- Temporary credentials granted in approximately 30 days
- Independent facility, but affiliated with HealthPartners CVO
- No specific time-sensitive items
- Temporary credentialing process typically takes 30 days
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity with our team. We look forward to receiving your application and exploring the possibility of you joining our dedicated healthcare professionals.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in February 2022. Prior to coming to Wapiti, Lisa spent over 21 years in Retail Pharmacy in multiple roles including Manager, CPhT and Compliance Officer. Some of her accolades include Diabetic Lifestyle Coach, Orthotic Shoe Fitter and ACHC Accreditation Specialist. Lisa was also the recipient of Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award by the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy.
Lisa is a mother of two adult children, Eric and Brooke, whom she is incredibly proud of. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY projects, drawing and painting, traveling both domestically and internationally, cooking, gardening and experiencing new adventures so she can continue to check things off her bucket list.