ER Physician for Laurium, MI (Locum)
Laurium, MI 49913 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a physician (MD or DO) for locum tenens Emergency Department coverage in Laurium, Michigan.
Wapiti covers malpractice insurance, offers flexible scheduling, and provides travel assistance for locum assignments. Bring us your skills, experience, and passion. We’ll take care of the rest.
PHYSICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Locum Tenens physician (MD/DO) for Emergency Department coverage. Some evening/overnight calls from Nursing Home, Inpatients, and holding orders possible
- Shifts run 8 to 8; 12 & 24 hour hour shifts available
- Trauma Level 3
- 6K Annual volume: (20 patients per 24 hours)
- EMR is EPIC
- Typical timeline to credential is 60 days
- 24/7 access to surgeons, anesthesia services, orthopedics, OB, and Cardiology
- Hospitalist on site from 9a-6p— and comes in after hours for ICU patients or inpatient transfer
- Ancillary Services: supported by 24/7 lab and diagnostics, ultrasound, MRI on site twice weekly
- Michigan medical license and DEA
- Board certified or eligible in Family Medicine (FM), Emergency Medicine (EM), or Internal Medicine (IM)
- Not currently accepting residents; will accept fellows – L3
- Required Life Support certifications include ALTS, ACLS, PALS and BLS (all waived if physician is ABEM certified)
ABOUT LAURIUM, MICHIGAN
Laurium is located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Formally known as Calumet, the town of Laurium was established in 1895 as a company town for mine owners and captains. Thomas Hoatson built his 13,000 sq. ft. home here which is now part of the Keweenaw National Historical Park and where the famous Notre Dame football player, George Gipp, was born. Today Laurium is more modern than back in the mining days, but you can still feel the history as you pass through. Restaurants, shops, a bowling alley that was built in 1945, and many homes that are on the National Register of Historic Homes are located here. Learn more at https://www.keweenaw.info/keweenaw-peninsula/laurium/.
Meet Your Recruiter
Addie Whelan joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in August 2022.
Addie enjoys spending time with her boyfriend and two dogs as well as doing activities such as riding her motorcycle, working out, and anything to do with water.